My stock alt is ASS!!! Any suggestions?

when i first did it i had teh 2 RF amps 80 amps of current.. and it made a little difference..... but after Christmas i'll see how well stock everything holds up to 240 amps

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

3seconds is all i am lookin for. now at least. Mark Potts(tcab) has never replaced teh ALT on his blaser, and has never had a problem. but he has 2 yellow tops

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

3seconds is all i am lookin for. now at least. Mark Potts(tcab) has never replaced teh ALT on his blaser, and has never had a problem. but he has 2 yellow tops

[/qoote

well for only three seconds you'd better get more batteries.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I drive a 98 camry and im lookin to upgrade my alt. Stock alt + T2000 = 10.5V! :V does anyone have any suggestions for tha best atl for a poor (VERY POOR!) college student? I got a quote from excessive amperage to custom build a 200amp for $350. is that a good price or are there any others that might be cheaper, have better quality, customer service etc. thanks everyone in advance!

Sadly... Toyota Alts are far, and few between, they are almost always a custom build.  :-[ However Nate at Excessive hooked me up, he's good people and I suggest you go with him. I have shopped around, and for that alt anywhere else, your looking at around 500+. You may also want to look into a secondary battery, I know more money, but its worth it. :^

I had 2 RF 3002 and a 1 fard cap and no problem never went below  12.7.. I had only regrounded out teh battery..  not i have everything out getting readdy for teh big stuff.. full big 3 down.. still stock ALT and battery... and the voltage read 14.8.. all of the time now

Hmm...nice. But do you hear a difference in your music, though? Is it louder? Cleaner?

I did.... now it all gone :'(  it was noticable louder when i re grounded teh battery. and cleaner.. teh 1 fard cap helps soem.. but i will never go over 1 fard.