oil pressure is a little higher with synthetics over conventionals so if you have any bad seals or a small leak it will be worse

Hmmm....

Its been close to a month now and I've yet to see a higher oil pressure. But I guess only time will tell.

Derp.

I went thru 5 engines in my last car alone .....(350+hp 2.0L with the nos)

the two engines that lasted the longest were run with Quakerstate Full Synthetic

I busted rocker arms,engine mounts...exploded a trans axle but never had a bearing

go with the Quakerstate synthetic..it's awsome oil

I went thru 5 engines in my last car alone .....(350+hp 2.0L with the nos)

the two engines that lasted the longest were run with Quakerstate Full Synthetic

I busted rocker arms,engine mounts...exploded a trans axle but never had a bearing

go with the Quakerstate synthetic..it's awsome oil

DAMN!!

350+HP off of 2.0L?

Thats impressive!! :)

I'm using Mobil 1 Extended Performance Synthetic Oil right now, works just fine.

Derp.

I work at a plant that blends oil. The biggest thing that makes any difference in oil is if it says something like "high mileage" or whatever. That is just different additives in the oil to help with certain things. Other than that most oil is the same reguardless of brand. Synthetic oil is completely man made, no real oil in it. The main reason its soo good is it does not break down under heat as easy as regular oil. It takes alot longer and higher temps to break synthetic oil down. The cost difference from making regular oil and synthetic oil is like comparing a penny to a dollar.

Personaly I use full synthetic. Always best to use.

Head Unit: Alpine IVA-w505 with 120gig Ipod.

Mids and Highs: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s all around.

Mids and Highs Amp: Hifonics ZXi1008

Sub: HDC315 alum.

Sub Amp: SAZ3000D

1/0 All around. Powermaster Batts.

2004 Trailblazer LS