Alpine Gripe!

Thanks guys, Have had this unit for a couple of years and never knew this stuff. Always thought that BBE was pretty good for its time. <_<

I used to like it back in the day and I do feel its better than a loudness button.

My view is the higherend the system becomes the less EQing and manipulating of the signal to sound good, so I don't need any of it anymore.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

its only on the internal amp. if you have the "power IC" function turn it off once you dont need the speakers ran to your HU anymore. it will help with distortion and stop the cuttin out of midbass. i contacted alpine directly about the same problem. i thought i bought a deffective HU. they said they put that feature in there to help with the possibility of blowing speakers when hooked directly up to the HU.

----reference's----

meade916

good to know, thanks reinke

no problem. i used to have mine in the wifes car. it help alot. i blew 6 sets of speakers with a older sony. once i put that alpine in i did not blow the planet audio neo's she now has. but, once i got my truck i took my alpine back and put her sony back in. the tweeters were blown in about a week.

----reference's----

meade916