Sonic Electronix

So I type in what the amp is supposed to do at 2 ohms from the Birth sheet? or what the RF website says?

Not sure.

I would put in what the manual says.

So if it says 750 watts at 2 ohms. thats what I would put in.

Make sure the sub is unhooked when you set your gains.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I am not a big fan of this method but it seems to help out people that don't have that much experience hereing distortion in subs.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

How much power you want the sub to see is what you want to type in.

So I want the sub to see 500 wrms at 2 ohms. I typed that in and it says 31.6V. Also when I have the speaker wire unhooked from the amp, I just put the DMM pos on the pos terminal, and the dmm neg on the neg terminal of the same terminals I had the sub wire connected to? The once that is complete I just turn the gain till it reads 31.6?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

So I want the sub to see 500 wrms at 2 ohms. I typed that in and it says 31.6V. Also when I have the speaker wire unhooked from the amp, I just put the DMM pos on the pos terminal, and the dmm neg on the neg terminal of the same terminals I had the sub wire connected to? The once that is complete I just turn the gain till it reads 31.6?

yep

Terryswork001.png

While you're playing a solid repeating test tone in the subs range. Make sure the DMM is set to AC volts also.

Edited by pstone11

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I'm not sure about the Punch amps but I know that the Power amps don't have a flat freqency response.

So I recommend useing 45 hert test tones with that amp.

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

I usaully recommend 50 to 60 hertz for this but with that amp go with 45 hertz.

Terryswork001.png