Sonic Electronix

We have a rockford fosgate p1000-1bd amp running at two ohms to the p3 sub. The gain on the amp is a little less than half and infrasonic filter is off but we have also tried having it on without a difference. when the volume is turned up about half way on the stereo it sounds like the sub is bottoming out until you turn the volume back down. what would make the sub sound this way?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

We have a rockford fosgate p1000-1bd amp running at two ohms to the p3 sub. The gain on the amp is a little less than half and infrasonic filter is off but we have also tried having it on without a difference. when the volume is turned up about half way on the stereo it sounds like the sub is bottoming out until you turn the volume back down. what would make the sub sound this way?

What kind of box is it in? Could be too big, or leaking bad..

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Well the box we built today, and it isnt leaking air that we can see around the box, except we did notice there is some air coming out of the front of the box where we cut the sub circle... The box is 1.73 cu ft, and I believe that the recommended was 1.79...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

1 P3 with a 1000 watts on it.

It might have too much power on it.

Is it ported or sealed?

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I guess sealed.

I think you have to much power on it.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I guess sealed.

I think you have to much power on it.

x2

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg

I'm pretty sure that amp does 1000 watts at 2 ohm.

I'm checking now.

Terryswork001.png

My bad, it is a 1 ohm amp. Sorry.

Terryswork001.png