Sonic Electronix

Turn the ssf up to around 5hz area below your tuning frequency

The SSF is an on or off switch. There is PUNCH EQ, frequency and gain are the only knobs...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9850_R...P1000-1bd.html#

Then click the picture to see what I am talking about.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

You still want the SSF on with a ported box no matter what.

Its a safety measure and a good one at that.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Alright, well I will make sure to turn it on first thing when I get out there tomorrow. But either way I am still having this problem. So far it seems like it is cause the box has a small air leak around the sub, and I kind of question that cause at low volume it sounds clear and everything...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Are you useing the punch bass.

If your sub box combination is playing 45 hertz to good then that might be your problem.

The punch bass would be pushing the sub past its mechanical limits with the ported box.

Try unhooking it.

I'm out of ideas for tonight.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Are you useing the punch bass.

If your sub box combination is playing 45 hertz to good then that might be your problem.

The punch bass would be pushing the sub past its mechanical limits with the ported box.

Try unhooking it.

I'm out of ideas for tonight.

The amp itself didnt come with the remote, so I just used the knob on the amp. If I turn that down to half or all the way you think that will help, while having the SSF "ON"

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

That amp I believe has the punch bass built in. I know the remote is seperate.

Turn the punch bass all the way down then adjust the gain and see how it sounds.

Terryswork001.png

Well, he has it at 2ohm which is 500 (probaly more like 700ish), and that P3 takes 500 RMS... I think maybe you should set the gains with a meter and seal that box up proper.

Could you explain to me how to do this?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

That amp I believe has the punch bass built in. I know the remote is seperate.

Turn the punch bass all the way down then adjust the gain and see how it sounds.

Alright, I will turn that down all the way tomorrow.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Terryswork001.png