very nice work man im loving it. i hear ya on the suburban sold mine 2 months ago, the dam 42 gallon tank was way to much to fill up and gas milage sucked i was gettin about 8 or 9 mpg in mine but it wasnt lifted and it had a 350 and 2wd. i like how you stopped the round overs where the edge of the sub meets up with it, i always do that when the subs are gonna over lap. so many people just round it over all the way around and then the edge of the sub is hangin off the round over and it drives me insane! :censored:

oh and not sure if i missed this or not but where did you mount the tweets up front??

MOAR pics and vid of the rear stereo!!!! This thing is getting better and better by the second.

yeah dude post up some more, it looks killer =]

come on pat lets see more. this is pretty dam cool

Well, there's the bit of interest I was looking for, kind of slow around here lately.... I'll post up some pics when I get home in about an hour, gotta knock out the recone on one of my subs too.

Is it me or does it look like it is smiling?

it is.... ;)

Very nice build. Makes me miss my slownoma

Thanks mayne!

dude ur truck is getting better with each passing moment. Kepp it up and we want more pix if you got'em.

Pics are coming shortly

Just a quick statement/question. Why didn't you put the coax's on the other side of the JL's for greater stereo separation?

P.S. System is bitchin'!!!!

Because on either side of the JL's is a the fenderwell.. The subs are slid over as far as possible so their enclosure(s) are touching the fenderwells, no room left over, so the coax went in the center. Kinda had to happen that way.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

very nice work man im loving it. i hear ya on the suburban sold mine 2 months ago, the dam 42 gallon tank was way to much to fill up and gas milage sucked i was gettin about 8 or 9 mpg in mine but it wasnt lifted and it had a 350 and 2wd. i like how you stopped the round overs where the edge of the sub meets up with it, i always do that when the subs are gonna over lap. so many people just round it over all the way around and then the edge of the sub is hangin off the round over and it drives me insane! :censored:

oh and not sure if i missed this or not but where did you mount the tweets up front??

Thanks man. I can't stand seeing a sub hanging over like that either...bugs me..

One set of tweets is in the door just above the handle, and the other set is in the stock dash speaker location.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Because on either side of the JL's is a the fenderwell.. The subs are slid over as far as possible so their enclosure(s) are touching the fenderwells, no room left over, so the coax went in the center. Kinda had to happen that way.

Oh ok. I knew there would be a reason.

Sad to the the old system go. That was a masterpiece.

Keep up the good work.

Australia-03-june.gif

Got the full range box covered and getting it wired up..

Posted Image

Everything starting to come together.

Posted Image

Here's the last panel (the floor) getting wrapped, boy that was a good feeling. There are still a couple small trim pieces left to fab and wrap, but this is it for the big sections....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks very smooth - I'll fire it up tomorrow or the next day, then tune on it a bit. Need to take care of the last couple panels after that. Look at all the room I have left for beers!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DAMN that looks good. Where do you buy your carpet? I need some like that. Any tips or tricks to carpeting boxes?

I get the carpet from PartsExpress. As for tips, it's really hard to explain how to wrap something on a forum.. It takes practice and somebody showing you a few tips in person. My neighbor used to re-upholster airplane interiors... Helped me out a ton.

Archived