Sonic Electronix

OK, so i know there are many ways to wire subs up. i know the most popular. but i'm confused about somthing.

lets say i have my 2 15"DC lvl 4's with the dual 2 ohm voice coils and one Crunch GP3000d amp. i know the amp has two positive and two negative speaker outputs. can i still wire each sub at 1 ohm and still get the amp to put out a 1 ohm load and send half of the power to each sub( 1 sub gets half the power and the other sub gets the other half). is this possible?

thanks, i hope you guys can follow.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

OK, so i know there are many ways to wire subs up. i know the most popular. but i'm confused about somthing.

lets say i have my 2 15"DC lvl 4's with the dual 2 ohm voice coils and one Crunch GP3000d amp. i know the amp has two positive and two negative speaker outputs. can i still wire each sub at 1 ohm and still get the amp to put out a 1 ohm load and send half of the power to each sub( 1 sub gets half the power and the other sub gets the other half). is this possible?

thanks, i hope you guys can follow.

Bills

those speaker inputs on the amps are internally bridged meaning yeh you see two but on the inside they both are connected. so you doing 1 ohm and 1 ohm ........... the amp will see 0.5 ohm and i'm sure that's a no no. your best bet would have been to do with the dual 4s and run each sub at 2 ohm. hope this helps.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

well shoot. thats no fun. haha. cause i alread do have those subs. and ya. well shit. thanks man,

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Archived