I bought my streetglow optix led underbody kit a while ago, installed them myself, but they came with a installnet.net card

Well I just recently found the card and my buddy at the shop says to activate it for him. Well I get a email from installnet.net saying that my card is activate and to call them with a credit card and pay $189.99 for the service to get my led kit installed.

Shop labor to install the kit is almost 3 times less then that, so whats up with the high costs?

Anyone else ever mess with them?

We where just curious to see how this works because the shop had gotten a card in the past that was activated but installnet would not pay for the service done.

So how is this even protecting the shop since there seems to be no way to tell if the card has been paid for and activated since someone already got a free install.

Whats the point of this company when all they do is charge you almost triple for the install, and find you a shop that can install your gear (which is not hard to do without the installnet.net place).