Ok lets say i will be running 4 amps of a total of 8000 watts rms and i was going to have 1 300amp alt and i figured that 3 kinetik hc 600 batts would work.

Just trying to see if i am right on figuring this out still trying to learn.

Ok lets say i will be running 4 amps of a total of 8000 watts rms and i was going to have 1 300amp alt and i figured that 3 kinetik hc 600 batts would work.

Just trying to see if i am right on figuring this out still trying to learn.

More batt

it depends on the amps, how much current do they pull @ full tilt.

I agree with dr.db

more like 300 amp alt and 3 or 4 Powermaster D3100's.

8kw is shitload of power.

Take for example the car Im doing right now, 2 rf t3000.1 bd's on 2 Fi BTL 18's

180 amp alt, 1 Stinger 1700, 2 kenitic 2400's and @ 2500rpms the voltage is 13.8v's

as soon as I hit the bass knob my voltage immediatly drops to 11.3 which in my opinion is barely safe.

it takes power to make power.

from what I understand, and please, someone correct me if I am wrong!!! kinetik says to add total batt model numbers to equal total number of watts plus 1000 if you are not changing your batt up front, and plus 500 if you are changing your batt up front. so if you are running total of 8000 watts, you would need at least 3 hc2400's in back and an hc1200 at least up front. same goes with the powermasters. from what i understand. seriously, add more batts than just the 600's. it will be more than worth the money!!!

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

more batts? tell me how you figured the math???

The math is simple. 8,000 watts @ 13 volts is 615 amps. 8000/13 = 615

You should avoid cycling deep cycle batteries below 50% of their capacity, some batteries even less than that for best service life. Since any voltage drop will result in a current increase to maintain wattage, you do not want the battery voltage dropping off.

Your 300 amp alternator is powering the vehicle loads as well as charging your batteries. Even cruising down the road on a cool day you will not have the full 300 amps available to make up what you remove from the battery bank.

I recomend you set the alternator output aside while calculating the battery bank. 615 amps for an hour is obviously 615 amp/hours. You would need at least twice that number to play for an hour without significant voltage drop. 1230 amp/hours.

An HC600 is 20 amp/hours. 3 units would be 60 Ah, 60/2 = 30 Ah. 615 amps would take you down to 50% charge in 2.5 minutes - less actually at that high discharge rate. Even if you could get all 300 amps from the alternator, you would drain your batteries to 50% in 5 minutes. In 10 minutes, you would need a tow truck.

Let's say you have 6, HC2400's. 128Ah each. 768Ah of capacity total 768/2 = 384 384Ah is a good start for an 8kw load. But if you drive a half hour to work each day, playing @ 4kw... You will be slowly depleting the batteries. Overnight charging with a power supply would be recomended.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...