sound deadner or fiberglass to sound deaden.

PPL,

I in the pre-stages of building my astro, I got the equipment part done, box design almost done, but now the sound deadner delimma.. Since over here in J-town (JAPAN) they don't really check things like back home. USA. I was thinking of using fiberglass to sound deaden my doors and roof! ;) SD over here cost a ton of money, and foget about importing it!  I wanted to use Magic Mate but just too much right now..  :V My idea, since I'm  in SS, remove all the plastic in the front area, FG everything I can, and put the Plastic cover back over it.. so it looks like nothing was ever changed! but under neeth, everything is sealed and hard as hell! :D :^  Your thoughts please. And before anyone asks, we only have 2 brackets here.. SS and EXTREME, and the only difference is the front is done in EXTREME, after that ANYTHING GOES! >:( :-X :V ;):o

48956a0.jpgwww.competitionsoundz.comTeam R&RTeam MaxxsonicsTeam DC AudioTeam PowermasterTeam KinetikHooker car audio

Some pics would be great! Right now, I'm a one man team,  My sweetheart still has not been striped yet! so any pics would help a lot! I wanted to do steel and crete, but again, I have no idea on where to start... besides the gutting part! LOL 

As for cheatin...They cheated first! I was running a basic 12v system.. everyone else was 14 and 16v!  fair is fair!  Hey, another question. about batts. how do I wire 8v batts to get 16v to the amps? lookin at picking up at least 20 golfcart batts. :D

48956a0.jpgwww.competitionsoundz.comTeam R&RTeam MaxxsonicsTeam DC AudioTeam PowermasterTeam KinetikHooker car audio

Some pics would be great! Right now, I'm a one man team,  My sweetheart still has not been striped yet! so any pics would help a lot! I wanted to do steel and crete, but again, I have no idea on where to start... besides the gutting part! LOL 

As for cheatin...They cheated first! I was running a basic 12v system.. everyone else was 14 and 16v!  fair is fair! Hey, another question. about batts. how do I wire 8v batts to get 16v to the amps? [glow=red,2,300]lookin at picking up at least 20 golfcart batts[/glow]. :D

Why not try the new Kinetik 16v batteries?

Let's see if I got this right.

If you wire the 8volt batteries in series (+ to - and - to +), you'll get 16 volts.

example. 2 8 volt 100amp batteries in series would give 16volt 100amp

If you wire the 8volt batteries in parallel (+ to + and - to -), you'll get 8volts

example. 2 8volt 100amp batteries in parallel would give you 8volts 200amps.

I believe that is correct, but I could be wrong.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

• 2 weeks later...

was just checking out how you have your setup. I would take the box back out and double the mdf and brace it and round the corners on the inside with fiberglass. then reinstall and seal off the front so that you will have all the sound waves up front and nothing getting to the rear. you are losing DBs with the way its setup now( its not a bad setup not saying that at all).

as for the sounddampner I use spray dampner in the doors about 2 1/2 can per. give nice even coats. if they don't check i i would rip out the dash and build it up using mdf and FG then replace the dash (plastic part) nothing wrong with an extra edge.

as far as getting the extra voltage 16 volts is good but you then have ot look at upgrading alt. and getting an external regulator to get volts above 16 volts to keep system charged  either way ur kicking out the money. its not cheap to compete.......

was just checking out how you have your setup. I would take the box back out and double the mdf and brace it and round the corners on the inside with fiberglass. then reinstall and seal off the front so that you will have all the sound waves up front and nothing getting to the rear. you are losing DBs with the way its setup now( its not a bad setup not saying that at all).

as for the sounddampner I use spray dampner in the doors about 2 1/2 can per. give nice even coats. if they don't check i i would rip out the dash and build it up using mdf and FG then replace the dash (plastic part) nothing wrong with an extra edge.

as far as getting the extra voltage 16 volts is good but you then have ot look at upgrading alt. and getting an external regulator to get volts above 16 volts to keep system charged  either way ur kicking out the money. its not cheap to compete.......

Hammerdown, ya got that right, its costing me almost everything  I got :rip_1: to become Japan's champ :w00t:. as for the edge, I was thinking the same thing, ripping out the front and building it up ,then replacing the everything to make it look normal! :whistling: As for the box, My van is virgin, nothing has been done to her yet! :help: I will go ported wall with 4 18's, 4 Goliaths and 20 16v powermaster batts!  :weight_lift:oh,  I forgot to say, I also have a 350amp alt included! :^ :^I'm trying for 160+, if everything is done right, what do you THINK I will be seeing? a ray of sunshine please, because when this bill hits, its gonna be dark for a long time! :'( :'( :'(

i feel you pocket pain so hard to play when ur so far away...   

its hard to say what you will be doing as its all on how you have everything built up. I have 3" all around in my wall the face baffle is 3.75" and the box comes out to 17.86 cubic ft tuned at 43 hz.. Then i have steel rods bolted to the box for bracing. The inside of the box all corners are rounded using PVC pipe and FG. i have laid mat and spray SD and expando foam in every area you can think of.  :weight_lift: this is also the i drive back and fourth work so its a daily driver this is why its tuned at 43HZ.  I'm running 8 planet audio VX  series amps  a few 1000 watts going to  4- t2 15s. I'm waiting on a few more things to finish off the truck going to be a good yr for me I hope. running 2-300 amp iraggi ALT.