New Material I Found

just my opinion but the more resin the fleece soaks up makes it stronger so you reinforce less which makes it easier to work with and you won't cut thru easily when sanding.

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

just my opinion but the more resin the fleece soaks up makes it stronger so you reinforce less which makes it easier to work with and you won't cut thru easily when sanding.

You couldn't be more wrong with that assesment.

Just to save some time, I will quote myself from another thread.........

The matting is what gives it strength to begin with.

When you use a material, like fleece (Ponte' prefered), to get the initial shape of a pod and then resin it, it cures hard but is brittle. Just like resin alone is brittle, so is a peice of resined fleece, sheet, etc.

Fiberglass matting is just that, fiberglass. That is where the strength comes from. Mat also takes alot less resin to wet out than other materials. So by using the mat, your not only getting the proper strength in your project, you saving money and using less product that you will have for the next project you take on.

Here is a thread of 2 materials tested side by side for strength and durability and the amount of resin needed to get a shape. So with no matting, this is how your whole project would be. This was just done as a test for initial shapes till the mat was applied.

(may have to register if not a member)..... http://www.fiberglassforums.com/showthread.php?t=1850

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

i get my fabric from hancock fabric, and i asked them the same question n they sent me to some ish like u make t-shirts out of, if i make tweet pods i will use that stuff

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I was at Joanns buying some felt and there was a dude working the register. Piercings, tats, long hair, definitely seemed out of place working there. He noticed that I had a kick panel with me so I could match the color with the felt. When he rung me up, he kinda looked around then rung me up for about 20% what he shoulda charged me. I was like SWEET !!

Guess he knew what the felt was for.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

or maybe he was just trying to make some moves on you.

BAM!!!!

jus messin.

:lol:

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?