Not so regular cab Chevy - Back in business

Alright guys if you happened to notice the rattling in the vids that was the window, after i got that fixed i found that there was rattling on the box. Took it out and the vibration had lossened the bolt inside the box for the all thread through the port so i put a locking nut on it and fixed that.

On another note Dominick Iraggi is the shit. I called him Tuesday morning, placed my order, sent the money to paypal.. He sent the order to the work bench that day and when the money cleared friday i called him letting him know, answered first try and he shipped it that day. It is scheduled for delivery Tuesday.. So huge thanks to Dom and look for some alt install pics Tuesday night...

Thats all for now :)

-BS

Iraggi FTW.

should get abit louder with more powa......... looking forward to more vids

FTW is damn right.. My alt didnt take long because i drive a common chevy pickup truck with a common 350 engine lol.. still i cant wait to get it in, not have to rev the engine and have a constant loudness.. on demos i notice the first hit is loud but as i keep playing it gets quieter..

Ill have pics of the install and vids shortly after :)

-BS

Alright guys i was pissed off earlier.. got alt and everything but its a large GM case and my bracket that bolts to the back of the alternator also holds the power steering pump down low and this case is deeper than my stock so i thought it was the wrong one.. Well i ended up bending that one back about 1/2" and the bracket he sent was close but the "cutout" on my stock alt bracket wasnt big enough so i had to put 1/4" spacers on there and at the top of the bracket.. anyways its all hooked up except for alt casing to frame which ill knock out tomorrow.. Batts are on charge right now.. Everything seems to line up so im hopin for the best..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

stock alt

Posted Image

Posted Image

Belt seems very close to inline

Posted Image

My clusterf*ck of wires

Posted Image

Spacer between black iraggi bracket and alt

Posted Image

Probably let the batts charge till thursday night and take it off between jobs and drive it thursday night and see how it does..

-BS

Well on my way out the door to the workplace today i checked the voltage of my batteries and they were at 14.4 with the charger still on them. In that sheet Dom sent it says make sure your batteries are holding a charge (charge for a day or two then leave off for a day) no less than 12.75 volts. Yesterday when i checked them they were sitting at 12.3 volts :(. I will take them off of charge tonight after charging for 24 hours and see what theyre holding Thursday morning.. I dont want to buy new batteries..

-BS

What guys no love for Iraggi?? Well like i said i was pissed tuesday night so i blew up his phone from about 3-7 my time 2-6 his and nothing. Well thats when it hit me "not everything just bolts right up" so thats when i made it work. Well i was grillin at work last night about 5:30 my leg starts vibrating, i couldnt get to it in time so a second later when i could it was Dom. Called him back, he answered and said he was returning my call. I told him my predicament and turns out they just dont use that bracket and bend it back outta the way just like i did. Last night drove the truck to work and bumped late night tip because of the constant bass note and my voltage never fell below 13.5 i would guess (stock volt meter). Then when i left work had headlights on and for some reason they still dim just enough to piss ya off (did the fusebox run in 1/0) but strangely the voltage never dropped below 13-13.5 again. So im assuming the dimming is just commin from the regulator not having time to react. Anyways im happy and got a bangin ass alternator! Ill work on vids and whatnot over the weekend.

-BS

• 5 weeks later...

Archived