Sonic Electronix

Well i have an interesting HT setup and in a few days its going to get alot more interesting... anyway what i usually have running is my laptop and some old tower speakers. Every so often the volume either decreases dramaticly or cuts out all together and i have to fix it by unplugging the cable from my laptop and putting it back in. Anyway im looking for ideas on how to fix this... my wiring consists of a monster cable 1/8th headphone jack to rca, 2 y adapters to send signal to the older equiptment and a mini stereo type unit with 2 speakers i have hung on the wall... the wire i have from the old amp to the old speakers is something like 16g and its longer then it needs to be so im wondering

1: is it a voltage type thing that the old amp isnt getting a stong enough signal because of the y adapters?

2: should i upgrade the wire to a larger guage to prevent loss there? or should i cut down on my current wire length?

3: I sorta have a feeling its the amp because its older equiptment but id like to troubleshoot everything b4 buying a new amp so how could i check to see if it is the amp and what could be some waring signs? (one of the speakers is pretty much always louder but when i switch the speakers the same side stays loud not the speaker itself hence why im thinking it might be the amp)

4: what are some cheap bt good ht amps out there and where would i find them

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

ok well i cut the wire length down on both speakers by like 3ft each so well see what happens... oh and i added little subwoofer too :sorcerer:

im sotra wanting to get a new amp too thou... that way my sub could get some more power and same with the old school towers... Anyone ever got like a seperate ht amp? i havent been able to find much but a older 2 chan pro amp (used 1000w) and i think thats a bit much plus a nice 3 chan would be alot better for my needs

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

oh any chance anyones herd of a unit to split a few inputs to multiple outputs? i was looking at a little piece from radio shack but it had 4 inputs and 2 outputs and i needed it the opposite

• 2 weeks later...

Archived