Hooking Up Two Comp's To One Modem Box

Get this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...7&CatId=373

And This:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=2688

Not the cheapest but decent equipment. Plug your modem into the WAN port of the Wireless router with the ethernet cable provided. Plug computer with ethernet card into a LAN port. Plug the D-link Wireless card into the USB port of the other computer. Just going on your questions I assume you've never set up a router. Put the linksys disk that comes with your router in the computer directly connected to the router via ethernet cable and follow the instructions. After you have internet on the wired computer then plug the wireless usb drive in the remote computer and put the d-link disk in and follow the directions. Read the manual if you want security set up. You could do something a simple as WAP or WEP or even MAC authentication if you wanted to. Or just leave it wide open like most people do.

Edit: I said D-link but gave you a link to a netgear either way you get the point

Edited by techaninna

Rebuild coming soon

problem with the bridge/ICS setup would be that you have to keep the comp with dual nics on for the second machine to get a connection, it is also a point of failure that would be a good deal more trouble to troubleshoot than just a router...

good luck with a usb router, never looked for one but I've never seen one either (usb wireless recievers, but not the router itself)

Edited by maademperor