Jump to content

How Do I Set Up A Parametric Eq?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a Soundstream 7-band parametric EQ that will be used to tune my new setup. I have a general understanding of parametric EQs, but how do I set the "Q" for each band? That is the "width" of the tuning frequency right? Is narrow width better than wide?

Also what is a good frequency to set the subsonic filter at? 20hz?

Here are specs, if helpful...

Soundstream PQ-7

Parametric EQ w/ crossover

Inputs/Outputs: front/rear/subwoofer

Variable front EQ frequencies: (30~350Hz), (100~1K Hz), (330~3.3K Hz), (1.5K~15K Hz)

Variable rear EQ frequencies: (200~2K Hz), (1.5K~15K Hz)

Variable subwoofer EQ frequency: 20~180 Hz

Q-Factor control for each band: 0.5~20

Gain control for each band: +/-10dB

Subwoofer Channel: 24dB crossover slope

Phase Control: 0~1800

Variable Sub Sonic Filter: 10~80Hz w/Q-factor (0.5~1.2)

Max Input Level: 10V

Max Output Level: 10V

Frequency Resp: 10Hz-50KHz

THD: 0.01%

S/N ratio: >110dB

Input Imp: 10K ohm

Output Imp: 150 ohm

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have a Soundstream 7-band parametric EQ that will be used to tune my new setup. I have a general understanding of parametric EQs, but how do I set the "Q" for each band? That is the "width" of the tuning frequency right? Is narrow width better than wide?

Also what is a good frequency to set the subsonic filter at? 20hz?

Here are specs, if helpful...

Soundstream PQ-7

Parametric EQ w/ crossover

Inputs/Outputs: front/rear/subwoofer

Variable front EQ frequencies: (30~350Hz), (100~1K Hz), (330~3.3K Hz), (1.5K~15K Hz)

Variable rear EQ frequencies: (200~2K Hz), (1.5K~15K Hz)

Variable subwoofer EQ frequency: 20~180 Hz

Q-Factor control for each band: 0.5~20

Gain control for each band: +/-10dB

Subwoofer Channel: 24dB crossover slope

Phase Control: 0~1800

Variable Sub Sonic Filter: 10~80Hz w/Q-factor (0.5~1.2)

Max Input Level: 10V

Max Output Level: 10V

Frequency Resp: 10Hz-50KHz

THD: 0.01%

S/N ratio: >110dB

Input Imp: 10K ohm

Output Imp: 150 ohm

did you ever get the pq7 up and running... cuz im looking for a eq/crossover and i was thinking about that one to

Posted

Not yet, I gotta find a place to put it where I can get to it for adjusting, but under my amp rack. When I get it up and running, I'll post how it works out.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1122 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...