Need Amp Help

i want to add my ssds to my home theater but my bose system doesnt have a subwoofer output. I want to add this amp

http://www.behringer.com/EP2500/index.cfm?lang=eng

my problem is converting the speaker output on the back of the bose unit to a sub output so i can plug it into the back of this amp

EP2500_rear.jpg

i know this is a pa amp but im sure itll work with subs if it got a low level input so is there any loc for home audio or something?

you could be ghetto and try a line out converter for a car. if it doesn't work, your're only out like 10 bucks

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Hotshot is correct. If you use a line level converter, you may be able to bring the signal down from power stage to pre-amp stage and feed it into that Behringer. You know, I used to have that amp push a pair of 18's. You couldn't max them out with the EP2500, but you should could give them a workout. Never failed on me, never overheated etc Donated the bugger to my school's theatre.

Have fun with it.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

i was thinking that as well, but someone told me the amp itself has a low fq filter on it or something? is that true? and im trying to connect this to a bose stereo which only has rca speaker outputs so how would i go about using a loc for that?

thats tough, I would first try a plain splitter and see if it works. It that doesn't, unless there is something i'm not thinking will work instead, I would try to cut the speaker level outputs, then strip them, resolder them but with and extra run of speker wire, and run that to the LOC. But I dont think I would try it on a nice system on that, considering theres a good chance it won't work. Try and contact tech support and ask if it does have a built in crossover, and if it does, how to disable it.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Archived