is it a pioneer deck? if so try grounding the outside metal of your rca's. sometimes pioneer decks have that problem.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

i wanna figure this out so bad i walked a block to get to my car in the rain.

Now that's dedication!

If the "crackle" is still there with the engine switched off, you can eliminate the alternator & ignition for a source of noise.

One of the best (worst!) electrical noise sources GM ever had was the 30 cent "Key in igntion" buzzer. Made enough RF to be used for an emergency transmitter...

Check all of your grounds, and signal connectors. If it is worse with the engine vibration added to the vehicle, you may find it with a "wiggle test" of all connections & components - one at a time with the engine off. If you shake or move something & get a pop - you are right on top of the source.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Mine did that, and the RCA outputs on the back of the radio had gone bad, and then it did it again and it was just where the RCA's had gotten pinched and naked wire was touching metal

so try getting new RCA's first and if thats not it have your local audio shop look at your radio

Yeah mine did that same thing, I ripped out everything with wire and put it back in and checked everything and it was fine. Did nothing just one day it did it and tryed out another headunit and it worked, so got a new pioneer 4000 under warantee.

i went to the shop that installed my deck and eq to see if they had anything to say about it. and they told me they would charge me an install fee for the deck. i told them they installed it and now the system is making noise all i wanted them to do is check the rcas and the remote lead. but maybe it is my fault when i installed the alt. i dont know guys im tapped out on ideas. i did the wiggle test and nothing crackles, it's all on its own. you can barly hear it with the car on but when it on it's louder and infrequent. it also crackled constantly when my buddy was on his cellphone if that has any value in info.