Sonic Electronix

D2+d1 Wired Together Series Or Parr.

I wanna know if I have one d2 btl and d1 btl and wanted to wire them together to one amp. Is it a bad idea or does it matter. i have got several different answers other places. I just want to know because I have one18" BTL d2 3slug and have been having a hard time find another but have found several d1 btl. So is it a good or bad idea and if i do end up doing it will i need to divide the box into to 2 chambers.

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

I wanna know if I have one d2 btl and d1 btl and wanted to wire them together to one amp. Is it a bad idea or does it matter. i have got several different answers other places. I just want to know because I have one18" BTL d2 3slug and have been having a hard time find another but have found several d1 btl. So is it a good or bad idea and if i do end up doing it will i need to divide the box into to 2 chambers.

I think it would be a bad idea. The power out difference might lead to cancelation. It is a good question though

n2caraudio.com

No matter how you look at it by wiring them both to a single amp one woofer is going to see more power than the other. I'm not sure about cancelation, but if you have a dual 1 you have the options of 2ohms or .5ohms, and if you have a dual 2ohm you have the option of 4ohms, or 1ohm. No matter how you wire them the woofer with the lower nominal impedence will receive more power than the other. The difference is one woofer will get exactly 50% more power than the other. This may cause a cancelation issue since one woofer won't be reaching as much xmax as the other creating a variance in waves.

^^^^That is what I was thinking but wasn't sure figured I would ask.

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

I don't recommend it.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived