Sonic Electronix

If they are true 2,000watts then a 40a or 60a fuse ain't gonna work. Even if thats max power and they're only good for 1,000watts rms a 40a or 60a still won't be good enough. You need to check your owner's manual for the proper fuse sizing for those amplifiers.

well the fuses that on the amps are not blowing and they each have 3 30 amp blade style fuses but the one from my battery is a buss style and its a 40 amp and it goes into my juction box where it is fused again with 40 amp fuses and out to the 2 amps useing 4 ga wire . so is the wire to small or the fuses to small

you need to step up to 1/0 my brotha. if you do have true 2000 watt amp, you'll need at least a good 250 underhood and definitely 1/0

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

they each have 3 30 amp blade style fuses but the one from my battery is a buss style and its a 40 amp and it goes into my juction box where it is fused again with 40 amp fuses

Well there's your problem. If each amp has 3 30a fuses (3x30=90a) then a 40a fuse just won't work.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

If your running 4 gauge put a 120 in it and go on. I don't care if your amp has 500 amps of fusing if you run 4 gauge put a 120 amp fuse in it. Remember you fuse for the wire not the equipment. 4 gauge is good for a fuse up to around 120-130 amps. Which means whoever said you need bigger wire is correct. Because you put a 120 amp fuse in your power wire and each amp is pulling 90 amps which is 180 combined, all your going to do is blow inline fuses or you have a chance of melting your wire and starting a fire.

Edited by Audiobahnaholic

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

If your running 4 gauge put a 120 in it and go on. I don't care if your amp has 500 amps of fusing if you run 4 gauge put a 120 amp fuse in it. Remember you fuse for the wire not the equipment. 4 gauge is good for a fuse up to around 120-130 amps. Which means whoever said you need bigger wire is correct. Because you put a 120 amp fuse in your power wire and each amp is pulling 90 amps which is 180 combined, all your going to do is blow inline fuses or you have a chance of melting your wire and starting a fire.

ok so what ga wire should i use and thx you put in simpler terms for me thank you

check this out. if each amp has (3) 30A fuses in them then that's 90A X 2 which makes for 180A. so with that being you'd need 2ga power wire and a 200 amp fuse underhood. now i'd suggest stepping up to 1/0 (about the size of your thumb if not smaller or bigger) and putting a 200 amp fuse in it. when you decide to add that highs/mids amp, then i'm sure it'll come with at least a 30A fuse. which brings your 180A to 210. bottomline potna .... go with the 1/0 and put a 200A fuse underhood to play it safe.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

check this out. if each amp has (3) 30A fuses in them then that's 90A X 2 which makes for 180A. so with that being you'd need 2ga power wire and a 200 amp fuse underhood. now i'd suggest stepping up to 1/0 (about the size of your thumb if not smaller or bigger) and putting a 200 amp fuse in it. when you decide to add that highs/mids amp, then i'm sure it'll come with at least a 30A fuse. which brings your 180A to 210. bottomline potna .... go with the 1/0 and put a 200A fuse underhood to play it safe.

X2