Sonic Electronix

WOW...i got some SERIOUS problems at hand right now. lately ive been blasting the system and everythings been fine. i just went and did a lil test drive because i braced the box up to stop flexing on low songs. i smell a burning odor. so i cut back the system and im a second away from my house so i pull up in my driveway and check the back. i smell burning plastic. (no fire) but i feel it could have sparked at anytime how hot the wires were, how one of the fuse blocks was melted and i see the battery terminal was a lil loose on the battery so its moved a lil and touching the plastic of the battery slightly melting that so i go to move it and its SCORTCHING hot.

I NEED 2/0 ga terminal blocks. if someone can find some for me it would be a HUGE HELP. im re doing the vehicle with 2/0 ga wire. i also might step back down to 250A fuses. if its that hot i want a fuse to blow or something. i currently have 1/0 with 300A fuses...im gonna rewire everything to 2/0 and 250A fuses.

that is some scary shit

Edited by Chode69
NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Why even do 2/0 if you're going to put in 250 amp fuses? I would stick to 1/0 in that case because putting in 2 would just be a waste to be fused at 250. The whole idea of larger wire is to allow more current to flow and when you restrict it with a 250 amp fuse you are defeating the purpose of putting in 2/0.

well thats what im maily concerned about. should i run the 2/0 and keep the 300A fuses? and thats kinda dumb suggesting stick where im at if im melting fuse blocks and having real hot wires jack.gif the 2/0 ga is to handle the more current and the 250A is to hopefully pop incase i get in this situation again.

and i know theres no shorts but the wires are just getting REAL hot only when i play LOW playing songs for a good amount of time. i was playing roughly 15 minutes of low songs and i started to smell it.

i have 1 run of 1/0 RF wire to 1 T40001bd.

Edited by Chode69
NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

well thats what im maily concerned about. should i run the 2/0 and keep the 300A fuses? and thats kinda dumb suggesting stick where im at if im melting fuse blocks and having real hot wires jack.gif. the 2.0 ga is to handle the more current and the 250A is to hopefully pop incase i get in this situation again.

and i know theres no shorts but the wires are just getting REAL hot only when i play LOW playing songs for a good amount of time. i was playing roughly 15 minutes of low songs and i started to smell it.

i have 1 run of 1/0 RF wire to 1 T40001bd.

Run another 1/0, 1 is not enough for that amp, imo anyways

Team Ampere Audio

Run another 1/0, 1 is not enough for that amp, imo anyways

the main problem area is from the last battery to the amp. that is the fuse block that melted. the only wires that were hot were the ones from amp to fuse block, from fuse block to last battery (closest to amp actually) then the terminals to the positive of the last bettery were hot. all other fuse blocks were fine and all other wires were fine. even the other batteries terminal was fine. i need to make one of those power bars and have both batteries connected to it.

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

I'm not sure why you are melting the fuse blocks, but if the 300 amp fuse didn't pop then you aren't pulling 300 amps. It might make a difference on how long your wire is. Is there an extra long run in the vehicle? That may have something to do with it. If there is a long run after the fuse then that could explain why the wire is getting so hot to melt the fuse block. I like the suggestion of running another 1/0 and fusing it. I have 2 runs alone in my car for a GP pro 3000D going to a D3100 in the rear. And if you're running a T4000BD I would say you do need another run for sure. Do you see what I was saying about the 2/0? If you put in the bigger wire and fuse it lower all you are doing is restricting current, so it makes no sense to do a larger wire on a 250 amp fuse. Run two 0 guage and fuse tehm both with 250 or 300 and be done with it.

I'm not sure why you are melting the fuse blocks, but if the 300 amp fuse didn't pop then you aren't pulling 300 amps. It might make a difference on how long your wire is. Is there an extra long run in the vehicle? That may have something to do with it. If there is a long run after the fuse then that could explain why the wire is getting so hot to melt the fuse block. I like the suggestion of running another 1/0 and fusing it. I have 2 runs alone in my car for a GP pro 3000D going to a D3100 in the rear. And if you're running a T4000BD I would say you do need another run for sure. Do you see what I was saying about the 2/0? If you put in the bigger wire and fuse it lower all you are doing is restricting current, so it makes no sense to do a larger wire on a 250 amp fuse. Run two 0 guage and fuse tehm both with 250 or 300 and be done with it.

i know for sure im not pulling 300A. i got a stock ass alt also if i had a short i would pop the fuse so...

but it makes sense but i just dont want my truck burning down over a wire getting hot. my power wire from the amp to the batter is a little lengthy i CAN cut that back a little. that may help a little. but if i do 2 runs of wire like i said its not until i reach the last batter that i have a problem. so before that im fine its between the amp and the last battery.

if i do 2 runs would i run 2 runs to the amp...its only got 1 input for 1/0 ga. thats my only part thats holding me back haha.

i can have a 10 gallon hose running from the pump but once i hit that filter and come out with a 5 gallon hose...does it make a difference. kinda how i think if im running 2 runs. after the 3rd battery i can still only run 1 line being HALF of what was in front of it...

Edited by Chode69
NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

You might be able to get away with the 2 runs and right before the amp have a distribution block that cuts it down to one wire with say 8-10" going to the amp.

ill have to do something like that. ill come up with something using this idea. this will not work the way it is now so ill take care of this quick. good thing i bought a roll of 40 feet of RF 1/0 wire not too long ago. ill rewire everything to start off fresh and just check to make sure theres no wiring problems.

thanks for your help bro

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg