RamenNoodles Posted July 6, 2008 Report Posted July 6, 2008 Well as some of you may know, my BTL was friend and I think that one of the main factors of this happening was the bad quality headunit I am using. I had to have the gains and the bass boost up quite high in order to push the BTL at all. Its a Jensen VM8012. I believe that the preamp voltage this thing has is a measly 1.5vrms. I need a new headunit and am really looking for a decent quality headunit to run my system. I am in need of a middle of the range one that wont break my bank. Meaning over $200. I found this Clarion with 6 preamp volts. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=18796 Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what type of headunit I should purchase? Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
WickeD Posted July 7, 2008 Report Posted July 7, 2008 I had a friend with that HU and the whole sliding action was kind of cool for awhile until it started scratching the screen... He told me that he would have much rather stuck with the alpine that he had (9884)... but that's only 2v output. I'm not sure about JVC's quality but i found this.... http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6914_--+CL...+KD-SH1000.html or ... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=24530
wL<3bass Posted July 7, 2008 Report Posted July 7, 2008 http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=19679 Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
Audiobahnaholic Posted July 7, 2008 Report Posted July 7, 2008 I had a friend with that HU and the whole sliding action was kind of cool for awhile until it started scratching the screen... He told me that he would have much rather stuck with the alpine that he had (9884)... but that's only 2v output. I'm not sure about JVC's quality but i found this.... http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6914_--+CL...+KD-SH1000.htmlor ... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=24530 I run a JVC and I love it. No problems whatsoever http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=19679 I've installed tons of pioneers and they are good budget units. HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35
RamenNoodles Posted July 7, 2008 Author Report Posted July 7, 2008 Those all look like really nice units. For money sake, I might go with the JVC. I would spend 300$ but with that extra 150$ i can save, I can almost get another battery that I am saving up for as well... I am kinda torn between these three if i were to raise my limit to 300$ http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4953 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6276 or http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6275 The eclipse has the most preamp voltage and a nice 7 band equalizer but its not a sleak and nice looking as the last Clarion... Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
RamenNoodles Posted July 7, 2008 Author Report Posted July 7, 2008 hold up let me fix the links Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
RamenNoodles Posted July 7, 2008 Author Report Posted July 7, 2008 going with the original clarion!!! Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.