the everchanging avalon build, part 4?

yea

ya'll are insane

i dont know how you can ride around with 10krms+ and 4 18's in your car all day, this is a nice amount of bass for me personally

but here's a vid:

Posted Image

my camera doesnt pick up the roof inside flexing or my rearview for some reason, although i cant see ANYTHING through it. I can also very clearly see my windshield shaking and the wipers dancing, but it doesnt come through in the vid

p.s., when its cold out and i have the heat on, the car warms up but the box stays cold, and when it hits a loud low note it like blows all the cold air out into the car, i almost shit myself when it happened on the highway, i thought i broke a window or something

This is ill. More sedan builds please.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

like nas said, destroy and rebuild it ;)

its been a few months, i'm bored of it, i'll probably rebuild this spring, just cant decide if i want to finish it and go huge (4 sets+ of components, more batts, 5-6kw, 4-6 15's or 18's) or straight SQ with like 3 focal 10's sealed where these 8's are, a 360.2 or equivalent for processing, and some pioneer prs's or k3p's or boston prose's or something.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

damn dude ur ride is sick! lol i wanna see some numbers haha

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

i may buy a shop termlab this summer, if not all I have is an AC mic

those 8's are very friggin nasty, its painful in the mid to high-30hz, and its tearing my car apart (and chipping paint off the less durable body pieces like the plastic trim around the license plate)

this box is so big with such a huge port, its not very musical, it has a definate peak and falls off hard, especially on the top end, 60-70hz+ is louder from my door speakers

my last one was kinda SQL, and I wanted to go loud honestly, the SQ cars just dont do it for me, I cruise with my windows down and this is just about what I need to not hear wind ;) It would be fun to go all out and dynamat and run great components and processors and stuff, but i feel like i'd get bored in a week and want something loud

so uh, 4 sets of components coming in june ;) subs stay for now

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i may buy a shop termlab this summer, if not all I have is an AC mic

those 8's are very friggin nasty, its painful in the mid to high-30hz, and its tearing my car apart (and chipping paint off the less durable body pieces like the plastic trim around the license plate)

this box is so big with such a huge port, its not very musical, it has a definate peak and falls off hard, especially on the top end, 60-70hz+ is louder from my door speakers

my last one was kinda SQL, and I wanted to go loud honestly, the SQ cars just dont do it for me, I cruise with my windows down and this is just about what I need to not hear wind ;) It would be fun to go all out and dynamat and run great components and processors and stuff, but i feel like i'd get bored in a week and want something loud

so uh, 4 sets of components coming in june ;) subs stay for now

i can vouch my boy Ray... heard em irl...

those 8's beat... vid doesn't do em any justice...

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

hey, wanna help re-do my doors this summer? i know u wanna know how to glass/bondo/vinyl ;)

and as far as what uhoh45 said, i would clean it up, if i really planned on keeping these in that box. I'm like 99% set on switching to the new l7's just for peace of mind that they wont be blowing on me as easily as these would (although i beat the poop out of these and they've taken it for like 5 months now) before I sprayfoam this badboy in and build a deck and wall the trunk to mount amps (and sneak a bigger battery in there for peace of mind, hc2000 or so, this little hc600 I dont think likes the abuse)

Team DC

For ur brake light solution what u can do is take a long strip of red led lights (from a car on the junkyard) and just tuck it in ur roof above the rear window and wire it up to light up when u press ur brake, it looks prety cool at night and works perfect

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

• 3 weeks later...

dude this is a sweet build, i contemplated doing something like this with my 4 cvrs except not up through the top. same kind of box though. nice vid btw, those l5's are sick for 8's. keep us posted

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

i want to redo the doors

i also and kicking around the idea of going apeshit and getting a a6000gti and a wall

does db-r repair a6000gti's? it has this funky problem where it turns off randomly, not protect, just cuts out, like every time it vibrates or bounces....i can get it for dirt cheap and its def an amp worth repairing (jbl wouldnt fix it, just offered the guy a new one like way below cost, so this one is in our stockroom, broken)

Team DC

Archived