Sonic Electronix

Guest aseanj52

I was contemplating.......with one of my friends......who is in his late 30's.....He's been doing audio all his life, and we were talking about my new setup for my 97 Ram 1500 Extended Cab. I was thinking 6 12's, but he said 4 12's in a box built to the biggest the subs can go tuned to 35hz would sound better, especially since I love rock along with rap.

I guess some of his thinking was because i kinda want to be able to see out my back glass, it helps a lot.=]

F@CK the back glass!!! Don't get me wrong, but if I did not have a kid, there would be a wall of 15's or 18's in my cute little sunfire!!! LOL!!!! For visual impact, 6 12's. But from what I understand, it is easier to make less subs meter high rather than 16 subs. Don't know details on the application, but seriously, the first chance I get to wall a vehicle, I will, and that shite will be devastating!!!!!! Whether it is 2 18's, or 48 10's. :shok:

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Guest aseanj52

Well shit he might have even been thinking that. Walling a truck with 4 sickass 12's.......nothing wrong with that i don't think...

What ever i do i want to keep my row of REV 6x9 on top.......so.......

imagine this......cause.....apple doesn't have paint lol

the 4 12's.....one at each corner......with the top two about a 18 inches from the roof with the 6x9's in a row over them. And i huge slot port down the middle......in a WALL O_O

are you looking for something like diz??>>>>><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk8mp_rTMpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk8mp_rTMpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk8mp_rTMpc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you still want to see out of the back window, try a wall, but make it "U" shaped. The subs will still be in each corner and then you could port out the bottom. This would allow you to see to back up. But keep in mind, until you are used to the mirror shaking and wobbling, you wont be able to use it anyway without getting a headache.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

It depends. If you can get 6 12's in the proper airspace they will be louder than 4 12's in proper airspace. iit comes down to surface area, but if you dont have to room to run the 6 12's in the needed airspace then 4 12's in a perfectly sized box will crush them.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...