Btl Even Loouder

greg662

Not that this might make sense but it's a quick suggestion. If you plan on having a permanent box...say 1 inch thick particle board, and then you had a port and pre drill the screw holes and make sure they are tight with liquid nails as well in the screw hole...good luck breaking those..

Anyways if I rambled, you take some screws, even relatively thick normal ones....and then pre drill with a drill bit where you are going to screw them in, that will keep the walls from weakening..and then before you even put the screw in, squirt a little liquid nails in the pre drilled holes..that will keep them from wiggling at all...so you're solid and won't have them moving around giving the speaker momentum to break them..

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

not a bad idea but i use berch and i aint stripped a screw yet lol, but with ur idea with the glue if u halfto take the sub out the glue might hold the screw in place and when u try backing it out it will rip itself out of the box strippin the hole and u'll halfto make new holes, and sence my mtx 8000's has 12 screw holes i dont think these are comein out any time soon lol, and sometimes predrillin doesnt rly work too good they tend to strip out to easy what i do to keep em from crackin the wood is move the screw in a lil from the edge and it doesnt strip at all but to each his own, but what are the kinda bolts or what knot ppl use to install those kicker solo x's? they look pritty neat kinda like a lug nut cover lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Well, I understand that and you have a very very good point....how you gonna get them out? Well, in my experience I don't use the same box bro...the simple box designs I do, and how I love car audio...I'd just as soon rip them out and make a new box...most boxes are custom to the sub you know? I use squares...so, with these I could only get two solo x 15's and I want the SQ and BEAT that fi offers...you think that 18" fi fully loaded will destroy two 15' l7 squares...or should i just port the enclosure I have now and call it good...

I just want a new system and I hear the fi compared to l7's is like night and day..just wondering if the 2 15's will beat harder than 1 highly powered fi 18 fully loaded...I got a brutus 2608 mono on it when it gets here..that's somewhere near 2.3-2.6k rms to it..which is most than what most people I see running it..some have 2 18's with only 2k to each sub..whcih is it's rms but I hear they are way underrated..you could comfortably push 3k rms to each one if you wanted to for daily...but steve pushes his with 5k each

i hear ya on the boxs i need to make a ported one for my truck to see if i can get louder with it i aint meterd it yet dont kno of anyone around here with one, and on the fi i unno they seem to be kickass subs but i aint heard one in person yet to tell the diff, now ive heard a wall with 4 kicker l7 15's ina s10 blazer and that shit bout ripped my shirt off lol it was mad slumpin for what he had, but anyways i guess its like the hole car audio game u dont kno if its better till u try it then if u like it stick with it or get more i guess

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I know for a fact...2 18' fully loaded fi btls will.....rape 2 15 kickers...but I don't know how one extremely well powered one will do...I mean...I got some serious roof flex for a non ported enclosure lol

• 3 months later...

the screw would rip straight out of the wood and the speaker would launch before they just snapped.

i've had an 18" btl....inverted on 3kw without any problem.........

How much of a db difference was your sub since it was on 3k and not 2k. I plan on putting my 18'' D2 fully loaded BTL on a Aq3500d just want a live Experiance :spiteful:

Very Very Soon 2 Come???

(1):2002 Chevy Blazer Xtreme (2-dr. with Sunroof)

(4):15'' Orion Hcca's

(1):Stetsom V 14K2D

(6):Kicker PKD1 (Ampkit)

Ported:14 Cuft. (After all displacements) Tuned to 34hz. 3/4 MDF

(8):Screws for terminals (Better solid connection no leaks)

(1):Dynamat xtreme license plate kit

(1):Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

(3):300amp HO Alternators

(4):Kinetik HC 3800 Batts.

(1)Rockford Fosgate Power T8004 (For Mids & Highs)

(4)Rockford Fosgate Power T162S (Mids & Highs)

(3):Kicker PKD4 Ampkit (For Mids & Highs)

(1):Kinetik HC 1800 (under the hood or yellow top)

(1):Viper 5701 (p/n 5202V) ALARM

Big III will be done (beefing up my electrical system) etc.

Goal:154.9db-159.5db

Archived