Btl Even Loouder

greg662

So i have had my system hooked up for about a month now and i went out there and moved my box a lil bit and my sub falls out of the box. Then i looked at it and 7 of the 8 screws have BROKE IN HALF. so i went and brought some heavy duty screws and put it back in and it make a BIG difference. the lows are ALOT louder now the i aint got a big air leak. Just thought i might share

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere

yup it makes a world of differrence, these newBTLS are no joke, seen a couple of 18s in a box with broken screws over the weekend, its just crazy how beastly these woofers are.

dont forget, when using a sub that powerful, please dont use drywall screws, and reinforce the area around the baffle on the inside of the box

That will help with that issue

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

T-Nutz FTW. from now on thats all Im gonna use in HIGH powered systems

where can we find t nuts ?
dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

ACE, home depot, lowes, Parts Express, Rainbow fasteners, Olander fasters, just about any hardware store

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

snapped screws is a result of over-torquing the screw itself. if the btl was so ungodly that it will snap screws.....every vehicle running Fi @ finals would have fallen apart.

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

snapped screws is a result of over-torquing the screw itself. if the btl was so ungodly that it will snap screws.....every vehicle running Fi @ finals would have fallen apart.

Agreed I have yet to snap a screw on a btl that was slammin a 153 regular ass screw with 2 7kd's on the 18's

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived