Need A 2.1 Setup For My Room

**copied and pasted from *****

made a thread a while back on this, i never got around to taking pics after i hung the tv. i gotta get back up the attic and shim up the left side of the tv, becuase the trusses arent perfectly level in the attic.

either way, its really the only way i could have mounted it, and its a nice viewing position from my bed. had i used a normal wall mount and put it on the wall, it wouldnt be angled towards my bed any.

anyways, heres the pics. the tv speakers are removable, and will be removed, once i get a 2.1 setup to replace it with.

had to put it on *** before the pic haha

this is laying in my bed

CIMG1419.jpg

CIMG1417.jpg

questions-

should i buy a simple 2.1 setup, or should i make a DIY setup from PE or somewhere?

i have an old Aiwa reciever and an old Sanyo that i loved, but it finally broke (from the 80s before i was born)

i can use the Aiwa for now, so i can buy the speakers/crossovers/etc first, then after that ill choose a nicer reciever, unless we find one for cheap.

i prefer to find a reciever with a sleep option (i dont even know if they have those) like my tv (put it on sleep so its not on all night)

next are placement of speakers. where should i mount them? under the tv?

ill stop here, and see what we come up with.

ps - budget..not really sure yet, but not TOO much...i dont need A+ top notch speakers, etc....i dont watch movies a lot, mostly just tv shows. so nothing top notch is necessary.

• 4 months later...

find a little bit older h/k or denon reciever and get a couple jbl control 1's, hang them from the wall or ceiling, then get a powered sub that you like.

the reciever wont be that hard to find on ebay for a decent price.

you can get the control 1's for like 100 bucks a pair new and for way cheap on ebay.

the control 1's are a very nice sounding cabinet, especially for such a small footprint.

edit: and clean up those wires.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I agree.

Um, so I see you have an Xbox 360. Do you have Xbox Live?

If you answered yes, keep reading.

Whats your Gamertag?

Do you play Grand Theft Auto often

QUOTE (ryde2idie @ May 9 2009, 07:37 AM) i feel your pain man, but ya gotta keep on poundin. a sub will slap you in the back of the head for years and years, itll make your ears hurt, and caus a small heart attack, but 10 bucks says it wont stab you in the back.
QUOTE (Rogers @ Sep 20 2009, 06:59 PM) well my woman bitches and moans about me building boxes and spending so much time outside..... but when the bass line starts she shuts up quick...
/nuff said

I agree.

Um, so I see you have an Xbox 360. Do you have Xbox Live?

If you answered yes, keep reading.

Whats your Gamertag?

Do you play Grand Theft Auto often

ufvj2171

yea thats all i play i only have that and halo and neither are mine they are my friends lol

but i still suck but ill play, add me

• 2 weeks later...

Archived