Second Skin Audio

Best Quality Subs For Price Range

Well in my experiences they seem to be very under rated. So if you want tight clean bass, for $250.

JBL 10's

Just because, the Kicker CVR 10

Just a few......My friend has 4 of the JBL 8's in his truck. They sound amazing, only on about 600 RMS total.

That JBL looks like a damn good sub for the price! A little deep but I can make it work, the subs in my truck at the moment are over 6 inches and I handle it. :)

Now kickers I can say I have yet to be sold on. I've never heard one that impressed me and something about the design I just cannot take seriously to seem like a quality sub. Especially the square kickers, (see, I've got so little interest in them I don't even know the names) ;) I've seen great performance from the square ones when it comes to being loud, but I just cant set it in my mind to believe a square shape would give reasonable sq.

Sweet, looks like my options are getting a hell of alot better! :D

And I sent a pm to rusty about the DC's. I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but it would be very hard for me to spend over 300 on subwoofers, but who knows, maybe depending on how hard I bust my ass this upcoming month maybe I could afford something a little nicer than I was initially expecting.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I would either go with the RF P3's or the DC LV2's. I know you can get the new P3's for about $88 a piece + shipping.

Yeah I've pitched the shallows out of the equation, but you're saying there's reasonable quality from the standard P3's then?

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Guest aseanj52

The JBL's are very nice. Have great sq in sealed boxes.

The Kickers are pretty good IMO. In the right box, My team mate had 2 12 inch CVR's behind his seat in a Chevy standard cab, then 2 CVX's in the same box. It had good SQ but then could get loud. And for the square subs the L5's aren't horrible in SQ. But the L7's have basically no SQ but good SPL. I have a L7 15 across the room from me. Got really loud with no SQ.

And if you you can get DC. I love em. You might be surprised at their prices.

The JBL's are very nice. Have great sq in sealed boxes.

The Kickers are pretty good IMO. In the right box, My team mate had 2 12 inch CVR's behind his seat in a Chevy standard cab, then 2 CVX's in the same box. It had good SQ but then could get loud. And for the square subs the L5's aren't horrible in SQ. But the L7's have basically no SQ but good SPL. I have a L7 15 across the room from me. Got really loud with no SQ.

And if you you can get DC. I love em. You might be surprised at their prices.

My wonder had always been why so many people would swear by kicker, but then almost the same amount would rag them. Therefore I just would always stray away to not take my chance, although hell I could be completely wrong. :pardon:

I've heard the square kickers and to me it's almost like some are really loud, but not anything surprising to me. For the size I would have expected that type of sound, but I don't know, they just never would strike me as impressive.

Anyway, yeah I'm eager to hear back from rusty, I NEED to decide on what I'm going to be putting in my truck so I can start on the damn box and try and sell these insignia's. :wacko:

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Guest aseanj52
My wonder had always been why so many people would swear by kicker, but then almost the same amount would rag them. Therefore I just would always stray away to not take my chance, although hell I could be completely wrong. :pardon:

I've heard the square kickers and to me it's almost like some are really loud, but not anything surprising to me. For the size I would have expected that type of sound, but I don't know, they just never would strike me as impressive.

Anyway, yeah I'm eager to hear back from rusty, I NEED to decide on what I'm going to be putting in my truck so I can start on the damn box and try and sell these insignia's. :wacko:

Now i'm not swearing by anything.....and never will....i'm always open for anything.

But give the man some time lol I'm sure he loves his :lazy: as much as we all do. :D

Got a reply back from Rusty and yes I am totally surprised at the value.

Considering this new factor I'm 95% certain at the moment on the DC level 2's.

Thanks again guys!

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Guest aseanj52
Got a reply back from Rusty and yes I am totally surprised at the value.

Considering this new factor I'm 95% certain at the moment on the DC level 2's.

Thanks again guys!

Keep us posted on what you do, build log!! I haven't got a chance to hear smaller DC subs yet. Only 15's and 18's.

IDK how the DC's sound sealed, but I can tell you that infinity 1052w sound better in smaller sealed enclosures than any alpine or RF , especially for 10's. Infinitys are kinda on the cheaper side though; you can probably do better for the money. All I know is when I hear somone wants 10's sealed, it'si hard to beat the amazing sound of infinity reference.

Edited by KickerAudio21

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

IDK how the DC's sound sealed, but I can tell you that infinity 1052w sound better in smaller sealed enclosures than any alpine or RF , especially for 10's. Infinitys are kinda on the cheaper side though; you can probably do better for the money. All I know is when I hear somone wants 10's sealed, it'si hard to beat the amazing sound of infinity reference.

I've seen some infinity's at best buy, they didn't impress me in the store, although I haven't heard them in a custom box so there might be some issue.

Kinda off topic but I think I will be putting infinity reference 4x6's in the rear pillars of my truck. They will be run directly off of the deck, but I'm not going to worry about external amp for them, my alpine will do fine for me. :D

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner