Really Dumb Theory

For running a car audio setup in your room. Instead of using batteries/car chargers/PSU's.

Couldn't you put a real car alternator in your room and whip a little device together that spins a belt at 2krpm to spin the alternator pulley.

Then from there, run your normal + wires and ground's to the amplifier.

Thats a dumb theory...but it could work couldnt it? just throwing ideas out there

It is a 3 to 1 ratio that is needed. Typical engine RPM for alternator specs are measured at 2000 RPM as this is typical driving RPM in most vehicles. So, for max output from your alternator at the 3 to 1 ratio, the alternator needs to spin at 6000 RPM.

In order to get this to work to full potential, you would need a 10 HP electric motor which would be 3 phase. Not worth the time or money involved. Just buy a decent 12 power supply instead. It is a better way to go than a battery charger.

"I don't bullshit. I do what I say & say what I mean."

Final_TopKick_Soundstream-1.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2925230

http://www.armoredhaulin.com

unless u use air powered motors, the buffer i useto use at work to polish the tops of drexle heritage cases ran at 6000rpm and ran off of 90psi so if u have an air compressor that can run that constant or have a big enulf tank then i think its possable, but ya u can get a 100amp power converter for around $300 or so and run a kentic 2400 in line with it and call it a day, my buddy uses em like that, take a 20amp power converter and wire ina car battery and then to the distplay and do it like that and works fine, but anyways good luck with what ur doin man

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif