Second Skin Audio

Monte Carlo Box Help

Billy1987

I am new to the site. I have been around spl for a little while and i have some question about my current setup. Right now my system is a memphis 1500d and a 15" kove armageddon z series dual 4. Right now i dont want to seal the trunk off and have the sub firing forward. I am looking for a spl box my problems in that the truck from floor to truck lid is about 16.5-17 inches high. If i build the box big enough for the sub to fire back ill will be blocking alot of the room of for air to more around the box. Could i fire the sub up and port back? I have never seen good #'s from this type of setup. Im up for any suggestions on box configurations. Thanks

2000 Monte Carlo SS

Alpine Cd Player

15" Kove Armegeddon

Memphis 1500d

• 3 weeks later...
You would just get a TON of trunk rattle why not slant the front of the box so it doesnt have to be as tall

Slanting the front does help a little bit, but sometimes the space gained is minimal. As big as the trunk is in that car, it should still have plenty of room around the sides and other parts of the box. Oh yeah, whats up billy?

Slanting the front does help a little bit, but sometimes the space gained is minimal. As big as the trunk is in that car, it should still have plenty of room around the sides and other parts of the box. Oh yeah, whats up billy?

Right now i think im gonna build a 3 cubic foot box tuned to 45hz sub forward and either 2 4in aeros or 1 6in aero port on the drivers side. Theres a guy on mecas webiste doing a 148 in the seat with 2 12s and 2 1500ds firing forward. Thats where i got the idea from and ive seen a kicker 15 do a 143 on the dash sealed up with a 1500d on here.

Oh yea, whats up Trisitan? You gonna sell me that kinetik?

Heres the link,

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=25057

2000 Monte Carlo SS

Alpine Cd Player

15" Kove Armegeddon

Memphis 1500d

Archived