Jl Audio C5 Problem

neutman21

Has anyone tried out the new c5s? I have a component set of 6 1/2s running off a 300/4 and they sound good until I turn them up and the tweeter shuts off. I read the manual and JL has the crossover made to where it shuts off the tweeter to keep it from blowing. The only suggestion JL gave is to turn down the volume until it comes back on. But it wont get loud enough till it shuts off. I tried lowering the tweeter and the mids along with it on the crossovers but it doesn't sound as good. I have the mids set on low and the tweeters set on REF. Is there a certain setting I should try on the 300/4? and I also have an alpine 3321 equalizer that is crossing over my mids and highs. I just recently had to send the other tweeter back because it quit working...how do I set the system to were the tweeters dont shut off???

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

The rms on the c5s is 75 watts and I am using an alpine CDE-9852 as my head unit. The crossover for the tweeters can be set as -3, -1.5, ref (being what I have it set on), and +2.

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

The rms on the c5s is 75 watts and I am using an alpine CDE-9852 as my head unit. The crossover for the tweeters can be set as -3, -1.5, ref (being what I have it set on), and +2.

put your tweeter on -3. thats how my comp set is and it sounded alot better that way than flat.

----reference's----

meade916

Ill try both of your ideas...but how should i set my mids? The sound I am getting is not crisp and clear. It just gets really loud and kind of echoey. Do I need to set the 300/4 a certain way? because I have it set to JL specs off their tutorial page.

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Archived