umm i think i killed it

should. its an edelbrock though, not a holley. friend sold me a pos truck (i wanted for the engine but it was seized up). was on a 460. the kid i got it from said only a gallon of gas has been through it, then he sold it to my buddy, then me. ill ask my other friend about it later, what needs to be done to it.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I prefer Holleys too. I had a 750 double pumper on my old truck..so easy to tune. Edlebrocks have those damn metering rods and other crap....confuses me. But they are better suited for street only daily driving. For a stock 305, I believe a 750 of any kind would be a lil too big. Like I said, try to find a 650, it should work better. It's a small, stock motor, you shouldn't need something as big as a 750. 

Hey guys, sorry for the late response.  We were a little under the weather here  :cold: and internet connectivity was really flakey.

Ok, so couple of questions.

1) So was your idle messed up before the purchase of the new carb? (I believe the answere is yes, and was why you purchased a new carb). 

2) With the old carb on, what was happening, please describe in general. 

3)  If you were having the problem with the old carb, as the problem does sound like fuel delivery, have you checked your fuel filter?

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Well he said that he was having fuel come out the exhaust some. So we thought it was running rich and the fuel wasn't gettin burned up. I was thinking that the carb he has on there now is to big. But he never gave me the numbers on it, so I couldn't look it up to be sure.

What I'm guessing though is that if he had the same problem with the stock carb, before the switch, then going to a new carb might not be the solution.  I need to konw what the symptoms were both pre and post carb swap, to narrow the issue down.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

What I'm guessing though is that if he had the same problem with the stock carb, before the switch, then going to a new carb might not be the solution.  I need to konw what the symptoms were both pre and post carb swap, to narrow the issue down.

First statement...true, and adding the new carb may have just made it worse. That's why I need the carb numbers to figure that part out.

Second statement...agreed 100%. Anything you can tell us about the way it acted before and after the new carb.

Guest beatitouttheframe

ok well  i cant start it and it will run but it will not ideal on its own i have to keep it reved to about 1000rpms....the ideal is 550 stock and when i drive it ill go to lay to it and it will shut off like it got flooded out or somthing theres also alot of smake coming from th pipes  but thee straight pipes so i kinda expected that from them  but there u have it those are the problems and it was messed up wih the old carb and new one that i rebuilt

Guest beatitouttheframe

well i just drove it and it didnt wanna get up and go it was like it was missing alot  i mean way to much and then i stood on it and it shut off and i cant get it to fire back up i think my batery dided thats why it wount start