Sundown Audio

Fusion

does fusion make any good subs along with amps?

i messes with the encounter series before. there cheap and dont sound bad at all. but the power plant hd's are very nice.

----reference's----

meade916

I live in New Zealand (home of Fusion) so I have used quite a bit of their gear... my friend owns 2 FCA-4000D's :D

(The FCA-4000d is actually 2 amps strapped in 1 chassis, by the way...)

They're actually no worse than any other middle of the road equipment. They make decent power for what they cost, especially the older Powerplant and Jonah series gear.

The Encounter stuff is a bit budgety but anything from the Powerplant upwards seems to go good... the 2000w Powerplant monoblock is very decent for the money.

If you can find any of the Jonah stuff (FJL series) then jump on it. It's very nice gear. Had a play with the 1611d (1600w monoblock) and at 1 ohm it made closer to 1800wrms.

I don't know much about their newest subs. I had 2 12" Powerplants (the old ones) and they took plenty more than rated power. A mate hit 145dB with 2500w into 2 of them, any more than that and the cones flex.

The NV subs seem pretty heavily build, I would be keen to try them out some time... maybe when I have some spare money sitting around :P

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

what about their decks i bought one but have not used it

supposed to have a buffer that prevents skipping for Spl use.

I have never touched their decks... only decent SPL car that had one had it in a podium anyway. Everyone here uses Pioneer P80RS's or RS2s for SPL, usually with a solid-state Ipod to prevent skipping.

They seem to have a lot of features for what they cost but nobody seems to run them for any application here... it's all Alpine 98 series or Pioneer.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!