Batts...

Ok, I had alot of financial setbacks in the past month so I have lil dollars to my name. My question is.... Will my Honda Civic (daily driver) be ok running 1100 watts on the stock alt. if I upgrade the battery to a good one like a Kinetik hc1400? If so, will I be able to add a small 4 channel amp later if I want to? I cant afford to upgrade both and wont be able to save for it for a while due to insurance payments coming up. I just bought me a 15" S.I. Mag and I'm powering it with a Memphis MC1000d (2 x 40 amp fuses)  and I like to listen to my music at 3/4 volume so it's loud and low... Will I be good to go?

New project in the works ;)

I'm guessing your stock alt is around 70 AMPs hot. I would say that with a good battery or 2, you might be able to get by just fine...(might) I would invest in a H/O alt. but I understand you're low on cash so do the battery.

Guest MegaloManiac

mags are cool :) where did you buy it, pics? post a new thread about..thanks

I have a 2000 accord and my stock alty had a  65a hot. My lights dimmed like a mofo off just 1200 watts(i didnt have a front stage at the time), had a yellow top under hood

a 2nd battery should help, but an HO alty should help a lot more.

Thanks man, the mag is supposed to come in sometime this week... There was a mix up though with the measurements of my trunk and I've built 2 boxes for it now and neither will fit... go figure. So now I'm trying to contact Nick from SI when it gets here to see if I can switch it out for the 12". If thats going to be a problem I'll just sell it, prob. for a little less then I paid. I purchased it from Kevin at Low Hz. You think 1 optima red top under the hood and a yellow in the trunk will be suffice for the 1100 watts? I really wont be able to afford the Alt. for a while due to being 17 and having to save for my insurance, it's not easy lol. If I could I want to pull off a budget Steve Meade haha, I wish.

New project in the works ;)

Archived