Second Skin Audio

securing port walls

dmz2711

Here is a pic from meade's box with 4 mt's. I was wondering what the best way to attach the port walls to the front piece of mdf without it flexing??  Since the port just sits in the middle of the box, and is not screwed into any walls of the enclosure, how can you make it extra sturdy? If he sees this, hopefully he can shoot some advice my way, but if anyone else w/ experience knows the best way to do it, to make it strong and sturdy, and non flexible let me know... that port looks super clean, i don't even see any screws/holes..

DSC02144.jpg

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

That port is probably stapled together thats why you dont see any screws..

And for curing the port flex you could put some resin and mat on the outside of the port itself and im sure that would help. but with 3/4 mdf that  short there might not be any flexing. im not a pro so maybe somebody else can help out

xa-1.gif

You should be fine with glue...Remember it's not every day you run into a crazy guy like meade pushing 20,000+ watts.

I think in the pic it's just held by glue...Later on he fiberglassed the inside of the enclosure with 5gallons of resin.

yeah 20k is quite a bit. but like majorpayne said, the port is so short i don't think he would have to many problems with it.

I know meade would know this since its his tahoe, but he is super busy... does anyone know if he has sounddeadening in the hoe, and where? i know i've seen vids of the tahoe flexing, i'm wondering if that is with or without deadening.. :weight_lift: <-flexing lol

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Archived