Second Skin Audio

Sound Deaden The Outside Of Enclosure/wall?

ptcary

Anyone try any type of spray on the outside of an enclosure that might add some sound deadening to it, maybe rubberized undercoating?

After a little more exterior bracing, I want to paint the outside of my wall with something that might make it look better and maybe sound better too!

Any advantage to rubberized undercoating spray can? I know its messy to spray, but once it dries, the sun can not melt it can it? And it must add some sound deadening, too?

If all else fails, I'll just spray it with grey fleckstone.

(I can NOT afford bedliner like Steve did)

2008_05252008Feb0014.jpg

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

duplicolor has a spray on beadliner that is about the same price as undercoating. it works pretty good, I have used it to spray a box before.

there is alot of overspray though, but I'm sure undercoating would be the same as well.

After it dries you could likely sand it a bit to get the texture you want.

duplicolor has a spray on beadliner that is about the same price as undercoating. it works pretty good, I have used it to spray a box before.

there is alot of overspray though, but I'm sure undercoating would be the same as well.

After it dries you could likely sand it a bit to get the texture you want.

Yeah, I've used that stuff over the fiberglass on the inside of my enclosure, and also some of the roll on stuff, but it's really thin compared to undercoating spray.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived