will adding a line driver to a 2 volt pre out HU make the sub louder? i'm not EXACTLY sure what they do but i have a pretty good understanding

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding, it boosts the output voltage of the rca's, in turn, making it to where you do not have to turn the gain(sensitivity control) as high on the amplifier, which in turn, provides a cleaner signal and better sound overall. From what I understand, it will not make the sub "louder", just better quality sound.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

yeah and if ne one has time can they look at the one he had recomended me the PG one that is..... and do i need to run multiple of these or just one ... or should i do 1 per 3 amps = 2 line drivers on 6 amps

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

thanks eagles

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

yeah and if ne one has time can they look at the one he had recomended me the PG one that is..... and do i need to run multiple of these or just one ... or should i do 1 per 3 amps = 2 line drivers on 6 amps

how would you run the line driver to 3 amps? would you just keep "y"ing the rca's off till you have 3 lefts and 3 rights? Is that the idea you have? I just want to make sure I know what you have in mind.

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

how would you run the line driver to 3 amps? would you just keep "y"ing the rca's off till you have 3 lefts and 3 rights? Is that the idea you have? I just want to make sure I know what you have in mind.

well actually i was talking abt how i have them wired now....

i have 1 main from my deck... it goes to sub amp #1, then i use the out put of that amp--- to #2 the n that one to #3... and so on and on.. i was gona put one on my main line in.... and one between the stacks of amps... in betwee amp#3 and #4 for noew but when my other 2 com in the other driver would be in betweeen amps#4 to #5

i have 2 stacks of amps (as of now 3 to a stack but will be 4 to a stack as of friday)

one on each side of my blazer

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

well actually i was talking abt how i have them wired now....

i have 1 main from my deck... it goes to sub amp #1, then i use the out put of that amp--- to #2 the n that one to #3... and so on and on.. i was gona put one on my main line in.... and one between the stacks of amps... in betwee amp#3 and #4 for noew but when my other 2 com in the other driver would be in betweeen amps#4 to #5

i have 2 stacks of amps (as of now 3 to a stack but will be 4 to a stack as of friday)

one on each side of my blazer

ok, I might be a little off here, but once the clean, boosted signal goes into the first amp, you shouldn't need to clean it after that. Think about it like this. Meade daisy chained all the sub amps. Now, logically thinking, if that was not a good idea, I don't think he would do it. I am not sure if every mid/high amp is getting their own high voltage signal, but from what I understand, if it is being simply passed through an amp, even though it wont have as high a voltage as before it hit the first amp, I would think it would still be clean as long as the amps are of good quality. Are you running the sub amp/s off your pass-thru from your mid/high amp? If so, I would personally run 2 seperate rca's(if you are already doing that, cool) and run one line driver to your mid/highs amp, and run another to the first of the sub amps, then daisy chain the rest of the sub amps off the one before it, and set the gains according to the voltage they are each getting. And if I am guiding this person in the wrong direction, someone please stop me and let me know. I don't want to lead someone down the wrong road with this.

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding, it boosts the output voltage of the rca's, in turn, making it to where you do not have to turn the gain(sensitivity control) as high on the amplifier, which in turn, provides a cleaner signal and better sound overall. From what I understand, it will not make the sub "louder", just better quality sound.

For the most part, Correct.

I DID notice a HELL of a difference! (from 2 volt to 8). It made my subs hit a lot louder. Without the line driver, I didn't even get half the performance.

Maybe thatz just me though..

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Pheonix Gold TLD66 $49.99 at Sonic Electronix

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13858_...Gold+TLD66.html

Same concept, Still 8 volts, 6 seperate channel settings

*8 Volt, 6-Channel Line Driver

*Maximum input or output voltage: 8 volts RMS

that's cool shite right there!!! I need to learn more about input voltage and how it effects daisy chained amps, but if this would better the signal coming out of the passthru of an amp before going into the next, then I would definately recommend, but I don't know if that would improve the signal between the amps. Good lookin out though sam!!! You always got the links.

Edited by eaglescorpio1

bannerfans_8aed9634.png