Sonic Electronix

IMO I would stick with 1 sub if you only have 6cf to work with. if the dimensions you are looking at are outer dimensions, you box is now at least .5cf smaller. then take out your por volume and sub displacement and you are down to probably less than 4cf. trying to put 2 BTL's in 4cf is choking the shit out of them. Stick with 1 sub (BTL's if you are stuck on running something of that high of caliber), and 1 amp. You will have an ok ammount of room in that case.you are definatley going to need a second battery if you are wanting to run a true 2k rms+. for wiring I wouldn't go anything smaller than 1/0. Good luck to you...cause you are going to need it. the system you are speaking of is no joke, and is something a beginner should not try to pull off themself.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

IMO I would stick with 1 sub if you only have 6cf to work with. if the dimensions you are looking at are outer dimensions, you box is now at least .5cf smaller. then take out your por volume and sub displacement and you are down to probably less than 4cf. trying to put 2 BTL's in 4cf is choking the shit out of them. Stick with 1 sub (BTL's if you are stuck on running something of that high of caliber), and 1 amp. You will have an ok ammount of room in that case.you are definatley going to need a second battery if you are wanting to run a true 2k rms+. for wiring I wouldn't go anything smaller than 1/0. Good luck to you...cause you are going to need it. the system you are speaking of is no joke, and is something a beginner should not try to pull off themself.

yea i could maybe get 7 cu ft outer dimensions, i remeasured and i could wire the amp to be below the box in the sparetire compartment. also i was thinkin of usin the trunk to be part of the box, like just cut out one piece of wood to fit along the top of the trunk and put the subs in that. u know wat im talkin bout? if i go one sub would u reccomend 18" or 15"? and if there is one around the 3000rms rang, not like 5000rms audiopulse. and i was guna be runnin 4400rms (2 2200d) to the two 12s. should i run a audioque 3500d to the one btl? or just use one 2200d to a btl? if there isnt any more power handling subs that u know of.. i knew i'd need another battery. wat bout a alt upgrade? my alt now puts out around 80 amps..

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

yea i could maybe get 7 cu ft outer dimensions, i remeasured and i could wire the amp to be below the box in the sparetire compartment. also i was thinkin of usin the trunk to be part of the box, like just cut out one piece of wood to fit along the top of the trunk and put the subs in that. u know wat im talkin bout? if i go one sub would u reccomend 18" or 15"? and if there is one around the 3000rms rang, not like 5000rms audiopulse. and i was guna be runnin 4400rms (2 2200d) to the two 12s. should i run a audioque 3500d to the one btl? or just use one 2200d to a btl? if there isnt any more power handling subs that u know of.. i knew i'd need another battery. wat bout a alt upgrade? my alt now puts out around 80 amps..

I would not recommend an 18 in that small of enclosure, or trying to use the trunk as part of the enclosure. I would just build a straight forward ported box, and call it a day. The BTL's are capable of handling more than their rated power, but only if they are put in a proper enclosure and are fed good clean power. Personally I think you really dont completely understand exactly how loud 1 15 in a good box running off 2krms can get. to say it would blow away your current setup would be a serious understatement.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Personally I think you really dont completely understand exactly how loud 1 15 in a good box running off 2krms can get. to say it would blow away your current setup would be a serious understatement.

X2!!! I miss my single 15 setup.. only had 1800rms and a 4cu ft box with 2 4" aeroports but damn was loud as hell...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I would not recommend an 18 in that small of enclosure, or trying to use the trunk as part of the enclosure. I would just build a straight forward ported box, and call it a day. The BTL's are capable of handling more than their rated power, but only if they are put in a proper enclosure and are fed good clean power. Personally I think you really dont completely understand exactly how loud 1 15 in a good box running off 2krms can get. to say it would blow away your current setup would be a serious understatement.

so u think one 15 in 6 cu ft? y do u think usin the trunk isnt a good idea? which amp do u think i should use. 2200d or 3500d? or i guess really how many watts should i feed it, or does that depend on my box?

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

X2!!! I miss my single 15 setup.. only had 1800rms and a 4cu ft box with 2 4" aeroports but damn was loud as hell...

so u think a single 15 in 6 cu ft at over 2000rms would be plenty loud?

u know how much a 15" dc level 5 is?

so u think a single 15 in 6 cu ft at over 2000rms would be plenty loud?

u know how much a 15" dc level 5 is?

uhhh yea

there 550 plus shipping

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

uhhh yea

there 550 plus shipping

alrite thanx

No problem just sharing something’s I have picked up here and there.

Here in nor cal I have gone to kragen auto parts and the charging system test was free of charge so ask you local auto parts store if they can do this test and what is the cost for this test.

Upgrade alternator very in price you maybe able to get some examples by looking on e-bay your car model maybe in the line up with pricing. With a single alternator upgrade try in the 180 – 240 amp range just because you want to make sure you have a decent output from your alternator at idle speed.

Taking out the rear speakers will allow for a pathway from your trunk to the interior of your car. Here is a bad example hopefully this helps, you place a large fan in the trunk of your car running at the highest speed possible. Where is the airflow going to go once the fan is up to speed, out of any gaps and cracks it can find as the trunk will become pressurized and will look for a way out of your trunk. If you open you trunk you would probable feel some air pressure right away. If you removed you speakers from your rear deck do you think some of that airflow or pressure will begin to pass through the open holes into your interior of your car? Remember regardless of the subs you decide on using you will be creating a pressure in your trunk some of it will find away into your car and outside as well. Your trunk lid is going to go crazy with some of the power levels and subs you are talking about using. An easy test by removing your rear speakers to relieve some of that pressure from your trunk. If it does not work out you can always replace them, another thing about the speakers in your rear deck these speakers will be affect by some of the pressure created by your subs as they share the same air space into the trunk so they may sound different after you upgrade your subs.

Sub mounting direction has been matter of testing to find out what works best in your application there are few threads on trunk mounted subs and other members have shared there findings and offered there best findings by the way it sounds as well as being tested on a TL mic.

Impendence is a standard measurement of the speaker much like watts (rms & max) is a standard measurement of an amplifier. So in your design you need to match your final sub speaker load (Impendence) to the amplifier output design load (speaker impedance).

Would not advise just to add some ports to your existing box as in sealed applications vs. ported applications for the same subwoofer. Ported in most cases require more internal air space and sometimes the manufacture specs out the net internal volume and does not include the subwoofer physical displacement nor the port displacement so these need to be added to the total interior air space calculations.

You talked about your next box would be approx 6.5 cu. Ft. was this calculated as your external or internal air space? And are you remembering to include your subwoofer displacement and port displacement (round or square ports).

Sorry I got long winded again I guess the rockstars are still flowing after getting off of work.

so ive been talked into doin a single sub setup. most likely a 15 since i dont think i hav room for a 18. do u think i'd need a alt upgrade if i only run 2200-3500rms? i know i will if i run 5000rms, which i'll do if i get a audiopulse sub. u have any amp suggestions for that? also, wat if i faced that top of the sub and ports towards the interior of the car and laid my back seats down. would that send more pressure into the car then if i had the subs and ports facing towards the back of the trunk?

i can design your box for a small fee

u still up to designin my box?

Archived