Second Skin Audio

Can I Get 4 Dvc 4 Ohm Subs Wired To 1 Ohm

I dont want to say anyone is wrong or right here.

So, Im jsut gonna say that calculation of the two 2 ohm configs, and the 2 8 ohms config would not be safe.

Maybe it would work, but Id clamp the amp and also check the ac output voltage for each sub, if the output stage is not the same, I wouldnt risk running it like that.

Boons statement seems correct, but the other way Im also seeing it, is that he is saying you cant series and parallel your wires together at the same time, which you can, but I think he knows that.

Ive wondered about wiring like that before but never have.

Id run at 2 ohms til you have money to step up to a second amp and run each amp at 1 ohm, or 2 ohm strapped.

Out of curiosity tho, most people dont build boxes that have no box or impedance rise.

Try wiring all your coils in parallel for a .5 ohm load, then stick a dmm on your speaker wire that would get attacted to your amp, and see what it says. You may get lucky and have enough rise to saftly run your amp with all coils paralleled to .5 ohms, but a final load with rise maybe like 1 ohm or higher.