Second Skin Audio

Can I Get 4 Dvc 4 Ohm Subs Wired To 1 Ohm

right now im thinking that im just going to buy another crunch3000.1......there pretty cheap, and it sounds good on the two subs i have right now at one ohm.....so i could just wire each pair to one ohm and set the gains exactly alike, that way each sub would be gettin about 700- 750 watts rms.

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

Cool. I have a Hifonics Brutus 1600 watt. I did have it wired up to 1 ohm on 4 4 ohm 12s, but then got 4 more. So now it is running at 2 ohms. The subs only get maybe 100 watts each instead of the 400 before. My point is... it is still loud as hell, but you can tell when the subs fall on their face from lack of power. It will work well with the amp at 2 ohms, but if you can get another amp easy, def. go with that to run them both at 1 ohm. That's what I am looking to do now.

Make sure you have the juice. Maybe another battery is in the works? :)

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

aint the crunch 3000's strapable? if so u can strap em both @ 2ohm might work better than 2 1ohm just make sure u got the electrical for it either way

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

dang man, this is frustrating....alrite well im goin to have to invest in another amp.......any suggestions that put out a lot of watts at 2 ohm? within like $350 too?lol

i have a zx2500.1 but im wanting $450 for it.. LMK if you can get the money. paypal prefferred.

Btw IF you take 2 subs to 2 ohm and 2 to 8 ohms then parallell them all to the amp it would be .8 with impedance rise your amp may be able to take that.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Btw IF you take 2 subs to 2 ohm and 2 to 8 ohms then parallell them all to the amp it would be .8 with impedance rise your amp may be able to take that.

I think that would cause some funky distribution of power between the subs, wouldn't it?

Personally I would wire the subs for a 2 ohm load, run with that until you get some more coin and then get a second amp and strap them so the amps see 1 ohm each.

But don't sweat it too much for now, remember double the power is only +3dB which is heaps on the meter but not a huge amount to the ear... and +3db is theory only, it's probably more like +1.5dB

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I think that would cause some funky distribution of power between the subs, wouldn't it?

Personally I would wire the subs for a 2 ohm load, run with that until you get some more coin and then get a second amp and strap them so the amps see 1 ohm each.

But don't sweat it too much for now, remember double the power is only +3dB which is heaps on the meter but not a huge amount to the ear... and +3db is theory only, it's probably more like +1.5dB

Nope not at all. Ultimately all subs will be wired to one amp and it will be distributing the power divided between 4 subs. It is done all the time.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Nope not at all. Ultimately all subs will be wired to one amp and it will be distributing the power divided between 4 subs. It is done all the time.

I'm going to have to disagree... the flow of current will be proportionate to the resistance of the path.

The amp will effectively see 4 loads paralleled - 2 2 ohm loads and 2 8 ohm loads.

The current from the amp will be distributed 4/10 - 4/10 - 1/10 - 1/10 so say the amp was doing 40v at 40A (1600wrms) the distribution of power would be:

Sub 1, 2 ohms: 40v @ 16A = 640w

Sub 2, 2 ohms: 40v @ 16A = 640w

Sub 3, 8 ohms: 40v @ 4A = 160w

Sub 4, 8 ohms: 40v @ 4A = 160w

That's my understanding at least :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!