Processor, Line Driver

If i were to use an 8v line driver would it mattter if the the pre out voltage on my deck was low like 2 volts or would it be better to have 4 or 5 volt pre- outs?

i ask because i am looking to buy a deck for my durango.(which will eventually have a pretty large system) i already have a line driver and im not big on fancy decks. i like the mid-line decks that are easy to use and dont have many features since i do all my tunning off my 3 sixty.2? so should i spend an extra 100 bucks just to get 5v preouts vs. 2v?

If i were to use an 8v line driver would it mattter if the the pre out voltage on my deck was low like 2 volts or would it be better to have 4 or 5 volt pre- outs?

i ask because i am looking to buy a deck for my durango.(which will eventually have a pretty large system) i already have a line driver and im not big on fancy decks. i like the mid-line decks that are easy to use and dont have many features since i do all my tunning off my 3 sixty.2? so should i spend an extra 100 bucks just to get 5v preouts vs. 2v?

always go with a higher voltage on HU's...its better and it will sound even better!. :good: ..go like about 4 or higher..

It does not matter really. If you have a lower preout voltage on your headunit then your gain on your amp will be up a little more and same if your preouts are a higher voltage your gain on your amp can be turned down more to achieve the same output :)

**New setup in the works** Shocker sigs ftw!

*Breakin Glass and Kickin Ass*

Team SBC

Team Full Force

Refs

SMD-derrick, Bangin Explorer, Exposport, Bass 14

CA-connersdad19 x2, Ridnclean, Deafdreamz, nismos14

cac.org-Spl Guru, Andrew, dblover, lunari

always go with a higher voltage on HU's...its better and it will sound even better!. :good: ..go like about 4 or higher..
It does not matter really. If you have a lower preout voltage on your headunit then your gain on your amp will be up a little more and same if your preouts are a higher voltage your gain on your amp can be turned down more to achieve the same output :)

even with the 5v preouts of the 3sixty.2 and a 8v line driver?

I think if you have an 8v preout line driver or 3.Sixty from RF, then the preout voltage from your head unit would not matter.

I chose a 5v preout head unit from Eclipse, because my amplifiers have an input range up to 5v.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived