on my blazer I am running a new cat back exhause with a Flowmaster 40 series muffler. Im running an Ebay intake, descreened MAF sensor, and rremoved air diffuser on throttle body. No noticable difference in performance, but I did go from 12-17 MPG in the city. Only thing I can think of other than that is a programmer.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

For our trucks, and any fuel injected car really a throttle body spacer is no more useful than a paper weight, it wont make a difference unless the fuel and air are mixed before it goes into the intake manifold, i.e. a carborator, (sp)

EDIT:you can run a cleanable airfilter, it just doesnt hurt to clean it and re oil it when you buy it b4 you put it on, they can/will come over-oiled from the factory. I actually just bought a AEM filter that doesnt take oil, it just has to be cleaned regularly like any other filter would have to be

Edited by droopy89

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

For our trucks, and any fuel injected car really a throttle body spacer is no more useful than a paper weight, it wont make a difference unless the fuel and air are mixed before it goes into the intake manifold, i.e. a carborator, (sp)

EDIT:you can run a cleanable airfilter, it just doesnt hurt to clean it and re oil it when you buy it b4 you put it on, they can/will come over-oiled from the factory. I actually just bought a AEM filter that doesnt take oil, it just has to be cleaned regularly like any other filter would have to be

a throttle body spacer increases the venturie affect and decreases the airs turbulence as it enters the intake manifold.

Most every one I know including my self who run a K & N air cleaner have problems with them.

• 3 weeks later...
definitly not ditching the system although it is heavy lol....

intakes first for sure...

i sold my 1997 blazer to my son installed a K&N Cold Air Intake.. and put ALOT of weight with the system thats in my durango now.. and it messed up the transfer case so he is going to replace the transfer case... he is getting a system but nothing big just some MDF wood (2) 15" subs but anyways.. lol.. he is planning on getting a flowmaster exhuast. a super chip, msd, descreem the map and maybe get headers.. but i think that would be good if u dont want to ditch the subs lol

definitly not ditching the system although it is heavy lol....

intakes first for sure...

i sold my 1997 blazer to my son installed a K&N Cold Air Intake.. and put ALOT of weight with the system thats in my durango now.. and it messed up the transfer case so he is going to replace the transfer case... he is getting a system but nothing big just some MDF wood (2) 15" subs but anyways.. lol.. he is planning on getting a flowmaster exhuast. a super chip, msd, descreem the map and maybe get headers.. but i think that would be good if u dont want to ditch the subs lol