Those things look awesome!

thanks man i appreciate it

lookin good. gotta give us some specs man. size of tweets, woofs and subs, also tuning and how much power. is everything gonna be crossed over and hooked to 1 source (well 1 terminal) what kind of gear you goin with, power supply...AHH FILL ME IN IM SO CURIOUS!!! i love custom home audio equipment!!

Haha i feel you on that. Tweeets are 1 inch Tang Band W6-789S 6-1/2" shielded woofer....Dayton SD270-88 12" shielded woofer. tuned about 30 hz not sure on power as i havent picked a reciever up yet. I got a crossoever I will be building. It will be hooked up to 2 terminals for stereo. gear and power supply im also not sure haha. I love it toooooo

Yup and now comes the fun part. The crossover. I have never put one together before any tips? haha

Building the crossover will be kind of confusing, but for one- DRAW IT OUT ON PAPER FIRST!

second, estimate about what kind of area you will need to put the parts on

1/8" MDF cut in to rectangles/squares probably about 6"x6"

1/8" brass rivets

drill bit the same size, if not a tad tight to where the rivits can go right thru the board, and be nice and tight- at the connecting points traced on to the board

at the connecting points/rivits, the wires go thru, twist on back side, and solder on back side

It should come out pretty damn professional

I just took some quick pics right now, here they are

Posted Image

Posted Image

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think home audio is my first love, car audio is second

But I love bumpn tho ;-)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i finally just manned up and did the crossovers when focused they are not hard at all. i dont know why i had such a probl;em with them. unfortunately my receiver keeps saying overload? I dont know why. but the dmm i used says that the ohm is 7 which i don't know how that could be?

Sorry no pics of the xovers i forgot my camera when i was building them will get pics of them if i have to open it up which it looks like im gonna have to do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived