Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I was in a dj competition Friday night. I was one of 8 people that were selected out of 20+ that submitted material to compete for cash and fame, but that didn't really matter because I just wanted to play. It was in random order and I was the first to perform. This is my other style of music, a guy told me I have a Chicago House style similar to Frankie Knuckles. Each dj got a 30 minute set, which really felt like 10. So, the videos are not my hardest songs because I was basically warming up. The computers were running Reason 4.0 and I'm mixing them live. On the stage were two computers, three mixers, four turntables, a keyboard and a midi trigger pad. After my performance I got to sit down with DJ Faust and talk for a long time about this that and the other, music related and all. He was the headliner of the show from California. A really cool person. It was a fun night. I can't wait to play again, this time harder. The styles of the other djs were hard house, and break beat, whereas I was mixing all original music that I've created.

From my myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/juliworldforever

Edited by quakecitystudio

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Posted

I'm diggin that. I also like your piano bass test on myspace. Your bass is centered around 30-35hz peaking around 45hz on the higer notes. Also have a very low drop around 17-18hz in there as well. Didn't listen to the whole song while the RTA was going. But i am diggin it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9449 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...