Change plugs, Change oil and filter. I am guessing this is a JDM engine or is it? It is hard to see your pictures of the plugs. It looks like quite a bit of carbon deposits. I also see some oil around the top of the plug, bottom on your pictures. Try changing plugs, and oil and filter. If it still smokes we can go from there. Plugs need changing for sure..

this is a UADM d16z6. i cant even get one of the plugs out from all the corrosion it has. the bolt part is demolished so i am looking at a minimum of a new head. but i am probably gonna replace the whole motor. like i said she though she was mario andretti. she did a CAI, and a full exhaust. thats all for performance. and yes that was oil in the 2nd pic

Edited by reinke

----reference's----

meade916

Black Smoke is a Fuel Problem, I know this from building 3 turbo charge cars, White usually means water/antifreeze vapor, whitish/Blue smoke is usually Oil meaning bad Pistion rings, Valve guides letting oil seap though ect.

Change your plugs, Also yes a bad MAP Sensor can cause your engine to smoke, Adding to much or not enough Air flow can cause the car to dump more fuel into the cylinders causing it to burn extra fuel but it wouldnt be white smoke it would be carbon/black smoke. Also if your car has Coil Packs check those too those going out will cause the car to missfire and burn extra fuel due to illregular firing and Plugs not getting enough Electrical to burn fuel.

Check your oil and coolant, might want to take it in and have them run a head gasket test, They do this though the radiator with some crazy looking tool with what looks like beanbag suffing in a small glass/plastic tube.

If your Oil looks like Chocolate Milk then you have major issues, and from looking at your plugs White slimy gunk? might be a sign that your Head Gasket is on its way out, Hard to tell from the blurry photo, Might be carbon build up too. Use this Spark Plug Guide

Edited by Shinju

thanks i have been trying to find that about the plugs. i just finished ripping the head off. there was about 1/8 of carbod on the top of the pistons. the head gasket was deterioted horribly and warped. so a new motor is going to be swapped in when i can find one.

----reference's----

meade916

Yeah that was my first guess when you said pure white smoke, Head Gasket is Toased!

If the engine has been ran like that for more then a day then its gone, Antifreeze is a bearing killer and will eventually lock them up. Sounds like you got the right plan by dumping that engine and swapping it out for another, Honda's are cake to work on and you can get pretty much any of their engines cheap, Just make sure you buy one from a certified used engine dealer with a warranty.

You can probably get one of those Japanese 30k mile engines for cheap. What ever route you take on an engine make sure to replace ANY and all parts you can with new parts meaning, Seals, Timing Belts and so on, NEVER take anyones word for it and do it yourself for your own piece of mind.

I got burnt once before I knew better never again :)

shinju what do you mean japanese 30k ehgines. i highly doubt any d16z6 out of a 92-95 civic has 30k on it. and there is no law over there htat says it has to be replaced at any mileage. if thats what you meant it just a myth. i am either gonna buy my buddies JDM b18c5r motor. he owes me a few hundred bucks so we might be working something out this winter.

----reference's----

meade916

thanks i have been trying to remember that site. i wasnt trying to be a dick or anything but it pisses me off when people say "this JDM motor only has 30,xxx on itbecause they have to take them out at that mileasge". i know you didnt say it though.

----reference's----

meade916

Now I do know this. Be ready to replace sensors that might get broken during shipping. It happend to mine and they wouldn't replace it. Luckily I salvaged my old sensor off of my engine. Engine looks brand new inside. Took valve cover off when it arrived and it looked almost brand new. It runs like a top and they have online tracking, plus they will roll it up to your doorstep for you..The guy who delivered mine was cool. I rolled it up to where I wanted it and gave the pallet jack back to him.