just to give an update and maybe get some more guidance...i've taken it in once more and told them about switching it from a double pulse to single/drivers door to passenger and they didn't look very convinced and pretty much said that it wouldn't make a difference. not that I doubt them or anything but is that really the difference you think? or could it be something else thats faulty?

Yes it really could make the difference, you'd be amazed at the computers in new cars ;)

Well if they don't believe you print this off and take it to them.

http://www.svsu.edu/~jwhowar1/1070.pdf

That is straight off directed's tech site(directechs). And if they don't believe that ask them to call directed.

Good luck :)

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

the one that they soldered was the disarm wire. Are there other ones that might be making this mistake? they are upgrading me to the next level. the 160XV i think? it has the remote start an they said that with it they can set the viper to disarm the system before they even unlock the doors. So im hoping that will fix it??

as for the whole driver/passenger thing, i think you're onto something but I don't know how to convince them anymore then just plain being a dick haha

i'll try to figure something out!

is that a good plan for them to try though? let me know!

Toyota dealership is going to be no help. They will say it's aftermarket equipment and tell you to completely remove it.

Print off the sheet I posted and take it to the shop. Tell them per directed's instructions you want the unit installed correctly.

And they are feeding you lines of shit like no tomorrow. The 160 will disarm just the same as your keyless entry system.

Is this a big box store(like best buy or circuit city) or a local shop?

Edited by Shyne151

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

its a local store. Audio Designs is the name of it

I will print that off and see what they say. First though...they're going to upgrade me the unit so I think i'll just do that first and then bring in the sheet. I've had to go in there a ton of times and its been a real schedule pain in the butt. Thanks for the help and I will print off that sheet for sure!

going to the next model up is going to do nothing but give u a remote start if they do it right all they are doing know is trying t fix a problem that if they would just suck up there pride and call the tech line it would have been solved the first time you went back. I would tell them to take it off and go to another shop that is qualified and have them do it. Give me your location and i can put you in touch with somone in your area that can take care of it. shyne is also right i would try taking the tech sheet to them but dont tell them where you got it.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

if they would just suck up there pride and call the tech line it would have been solved the first time you went back.

It's funny how many old school guys refuse to call up directed. The company i work for, we call them all the time... We also do the most remote starts in michigan, so we are getting all the random new cars and have to call.

The guys there are installers, just like us. It's funny when you catch them hung over ;)

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

ihear that we have to call the tech line all the time to that is why we get the cars other shops in my town will not touch.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com