hey guys! Got a question about my keyless viper system (Viper 211HV) that I had a shop install. I've taken it in a few times and they've tried a number of things but so far nothing has worked really.

The Symptoms are pretty random but what happens is that seemingly randomly when i unlock the vehicle, the factory alarm (its a 2000 avalon XLS) will be set off for one honk, and then the car unlocks and the noise stops. It isn't like a short horn honk like the viper system has, but its the same noise the factory alarm makes when triggered. Here are the things the shop has tried:

Unplugged the Viper Keyless panic wire (this way I know that it is the factory system going off and not the Viper panic)

Soldered the factory disarm wire to the viper keyless to make sure it is a secure connection

Swapped the brain out for the Viper Keyless

Added another ground to try to make sure the voltage was up (the key has something in it that needs to reach a certain voltage to keep the factory alarm from going off)

The shop is doing some research also but I noticed most of these symptoms happening after a friend of mine pulled some fuses to reset something. I checked with him and the fuses he pulled were both of the EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection i believe) and the fuse to operate the sunroof. Would these affect it at all? I told my shop about this and they didn't think so.

Lemme know if you come across anything!!

I should also add...

The car does not do it when I do it with my key unlocking it

The car recently had a check engine light that was on about the time the EFI fuse was pulled. Now the check engine light has come off (got it fixed at toyota dealer)

could that have anything to do with it??

Other then that I don't think I really have any other ideas of what to do!

Man I wish I could help you but Im not an alarm techy lol Ive installed and thats where I stop. Last one I installed was a viper 7900 years ago... Shyne 151 was our resident alarm guru but I havent seen him in a while...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

hey guys! Got a question about my keyless viper system (Viper 211HV) that I had a shop install. I've taken it in a few times and they've tried a number of things but so far nothing has worked really.

The Symptoms are pretty random but what happens is that seemingly randomly when i unlock the vehicle, the factory alarm (its a 2000 avalon XLS) will be set off for one honk, and then the car unlocks and the noise stops. It isn't like a short horn honk like the viper system has, but its the same noise the factory alarm makes when triggered. Here are the things the shop has tried:

Unplugged the Viper Keyless panic wire (this way I know that it is the factory system going off and not the Viper panic)

Soldered the factory disarm wire to the viper keyless to make sure it is a secure connection

Swapped the brain out for the Viper Keyless

Added another ground to try to make sure the voltage was up (the key has something in it that needs to reach a certain voltage to keep the factory alarm from going off)

The shop is doing some research also but I noticed most of these symptoms happening after a friend of mine pulled some fuses to reset something. I checked with him and the fuses he pulled were both of the EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection i believe) and the fuse to operate the sunroof. Would these affect it at all? I told my shop about this and they didn't think so.

Lemme know if you come across anything!!

It's some sort of programming with the factory alarm, i highly doubt it has anything to do with the viper unit(could be how the viper unit is installed though). The factory alarm disarms on those cars when the doors are unlocked... so i don't even know why they were hooking up a disarm wire. Does the keyless entry function properly all the time?

I've done quite a few lexus cars that work the same way as the avalon, I know you have to go in the passenger door on the avalons for all the doors to unlock.

The only thing I can think is that they have your unlock pulse set to double(which they shouldn't because it won't work on an avalon) and the second pulse is making the horn beep(but i would think it would do it everytime you unlock).

They should have gone to the passenger door for your car to get all doors to unlock, see if they went to the driver door and if double pulse is on.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I'm not really sure exactly on how they did it.

I am pretty sure the way they said they put it into the system is so that the security system "senses" a "key" opening the car. The reason I think this is because it acts the same way as a key. On my avalon when you use a key to open it, you turn it once to unlock just driver, and turn it twice in the door to unlock all doors. When i hit unlock on the keyless I can visibly watch it unlock the driver door first, then i see the other doors unlock.

I know that if I do the passenger side door though it unlocks all of them at once which is not what happens when I hit unlock on the remote.

Because it unlocks it twice (does driver side first and then the rest) would that mean the pulse is set on double?

I'm not really sure exactly on how they did it.

I am pretty sure the way they said they put it into the system is so that the security system "senses" a "key" opening the car. The reason I think this is because it acts the same way as a key. On my avalon when you use a key to open it, you turn it once to unlock just driver, and turn it twice in the door to unlock all doors. When i hit unlock on the keyless I can visibly watch it unlock the driver door first, then i see the other doors unlock.

I know that if I do the passenger side door though it unlocks all of them at once which is not what happens when I hit unlock on the remote.

Because it unlocks it twice (does driver side first and then the rest) would that mean the pulse is set on double?

Sit in the car and hit unlock you should be able to hear the relays clicking in the door... see if it does it once for the drivers door and once for all the others, if it does then they are set to double pulse, which they shouldn't be. That's the only thing I can really think of.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

yeah, thats what I mean when i say i can see them unlock seperately

The driver unlocks right away, but then like half a second later i can see the other doors unlock

so it must mean its hooked up to the drivers side with a double pulse?

i'll have to ask them and see if we can figure that out.

• 2 weeks later...

just to give an update and maybe get some more guidance...i've taken it in once more and told them about switching it from a double pulse to single/drivers door to passenger and they didn't look very convinced and pretty much said that it wouldn't make a difference. not that I doubt them or anything but is that really the difference you think? or could it be something else thats faulty?

if it is set to double pulse then it is causing the alarm moduale to pulse the locks twice. Which in most newer toyotas is the way you have to do it. But the avalon is diffrent which was stated before you have to go to the passenger door to get the other locks. But i am not to sure what is causing it to honk the horn unless it is freaking the computer out in the car. I think the shop just does not want to eun the wires to the passenger side. You stated before that they went back in and solderd the conection. I would make sure they solderd all the connections. It could also be a cold solder joint which it is not making good contact.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com