your supposed to paint that before you glue it on....ford factory recall on them junk trim peice's its gonna crack again soon

My rear window broke and when they brought the new one it came like that.... Its primered to its just ready to be painted

Team Sundown

3 15" Sundown Nightshades

1 RD HW D9 amp

10.5 cubes tuned 30hz

Headlights are covers that I had to modify a bit so they would look clean. I need to get the third brake light done I just dont know exactly how to approach that one. I might just get it sprayed to match factory color of the car and not stress its visibility that much.

teamsundown-1.jpg

The best way to tint stuff is to have them professionally painted. My tails were painted on with clear mixed with a little bit of black. I have 3 coats on mine. The brake and reverse lights shine though just fine even though they are pretty much blacked out.

You just have to scuff them up with 800 grit for the clear to stick. If you do it with clear, you will never get that hazy look to them after a few years AND you can wax the lights now that they are covered with clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Also the tail lights are ruined once sprayed with VHT, it fuses to the plastic.

i disagree. i'm 95% sure i used VHT and i sprayed them one day. all good and happy. then wanted em darker so i did it again, then it bubbled. so i sanded them down with a fine sand paper, then wet sanded em. got em back to the factory look. then painted them again.

Archived