93 ASTRO VAN cargo and im worried about having to much weight haha. so who out there has an astro van with a heavy wall and lots of batts? any one know the rough amount of weight id be lookin at ? am im gunna need to upgrade suspension?....... for some reason for calc the weight of the box it looks like the enclosure it self will be close to 1000lbs damn i find that hard to beleave thinki calced wrong

any input be great

well IIRC its got some beefier front springs off a truck and also a steel "bump stop" to keep it from sagging lol also the tires are foam filled like the ones on a fork lift.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

You could run helper bags from a company like AirLift or Firestone. I'm not sure if they make a bolt on kit, but it's an idea. IIRC, the rear leafs are a mono leaf setup that are composite instead of steel. If you have a spring shop in town, you could pull off the composite pieces and take them to the shop. They'll be able to make you new, heavier duty leafs.

*edit*

Yep, found the kit:

http://www.firestoneindustrial.com/pdfs/RR...A)/rrin2029.pdf

Edited by xseveredveganx

Not sure how much mine weights but its got 16 kinetik 2400's at the very rear of the van,5 rf T4000's over the rear axle and the box and 30-10's in the middle.I have helper bags and heavy duty coilovers on the rear.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

You could run helper bags from a company like AirLift or Firestone. I'm not sure if they make a bolt on kit, but it's an idea. IIRC, the rear leafs are a mono leaf setup that are composite instead of steel. If you have a spring shop in town, you could pull off the composite pieces and take them to the shop. They'll be able to make you new, heavier duty leafs.

*edit*

Yep, found the kit:

http://www.firestoneindustrial.com/pdfs/RR...A)/rrin2029.pdf

yeah thats what they did first but after the concrete and steel and batteries it still didnt help so they added some coils then said fuck it and put the steel bump stop/rods in there IIRC. But I dont think youll have that problem as you said lol

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg