Kicker Squares+t-lines?

I remember reading somewhere(not sure where) about how the squares dont like 1/4wave-t/line boxes. Cant seem to find the thread anywhere, so I decided to just ask kicker.

Anyone have any experience with the squares in these kinds of boxes? Anything that should be taken into consideration?

I was going to build two separate boxes for my l5's, since I sold my Memphis's to fund more cone area.

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s

• 3 months later...
I remember reading somewhere(not sure where) about how the squares dont like 1/4wave-t/line boxes. Cant seem to find the thread anywhere, so I decided to just ask kicker.

Anyone have any experience with the squares in these kinds of boxes? Anything that should be taken into consideration?

I was going to build two separate boxes for my l5's, since I sold my Memphis's to fund more cone area.

Did you ever find out anything about this?? i've heard similar suggestions that kickers + t-lines arent too great.. Im getting bored with the same ported enclosures ive been building.. There HAS to be a way to make these speakers louder...

• 2 weeks later...
Did you ever find out anything about this?? i've heard similar suggestions that kickers + t-lines arent too great.. Im getting bored with the same ported enclosures ive been building.. There HAS to be a way to make these speakers louder...

which series kickers? ive had 1 solo-x 12 in my car capable of bass racing high '49's, and burping 54's on tl. how are you building your boxes? what vehicle?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

have it in a t-line Hugh?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.